AusZcar Christmans BBQ - 1/12/2012!

C.A.R.

As usual the club will contribute around $100- towards bread, butter, sauce, soft drinks,dispoable plates, ice, nibblies etc.

In the past Gordo had kindly donated much of this stuff. So we should be chipping in to share the load.

Let's hope the weather is kind to us like previous years. Should be a big day.  :D

Happy to supply a box of Salmon Burgers for all to enjoy.

John

Gents I just got the stuff from Gareth who also threw in a fuel regulator as well.

Dimitri feel free to bring something along to throw in the raffle. I will have to remember to bring along the stubbie holders as well. $10- for those interested. Some will be in the raffle.

Johnny bring along your Salmon burgers although we might only need half a box? What ever you reckon.

Not long to go now boys, so get shining those cars.  :D

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

Weird midnight thought but on other events we have had a display vehicle centrepiece. Perhaps if we had a willing owner we could ask them to share the story of their Zed? Remember it only happens once a year. I would love to hear more about craigs bus and he seems to cope ok with the public speaking bit  :P Just a thought.

Hey that is a good idea Scoota. (Not necessarily for me) Ha

But maybe we could do the rounds of all cars and their owners or half a dozen where the owner can do a quick 10 minute talk on their Zed and field questions. I like it as we not only get to know the owner better but also their car. and we all know there is a story behind every Zed.

I don't really think its necessary Mark or Craig.

In years past, it hasn't been a problem to talk to other guys about their cars. It's a bit more casual that way and less formal.

We're there for a relax and catch up. Structure like you're proposing, doesn't really interest me.

I don't really think its necessary Mark or Craig.

In years past, it hasn't been a problem to talk to other guys about their cars. It's a bit more casual that way and less formal.

We're there for a relax and catch up. Structure like you're proposing, doesn't really interest me.

agree

Well there's two people in the "fear of public speaking" area  :P

haha not at all... though i am only interested in certain builds as are others ie. some are only interested in concourse and others in highly modified.

Well there's two people in the "fear of public speaking" area  :P

yeah, clearly I hate the limelight  ::)

I like the layed back feel of past BBQ's where you have a conversation with owners, about the new cars generally. Rather than a seminar.

It usually ends up with a buch of blokes standing around 1 car, talking about it anyway.

Ain't broke...... Don't fix.

2cents

I don't think we would have anyone here who won't talk about their Zed but can somtimes be a pain to tell the same story to two or three different groups on the same day. Then again their are guys here who have bought their Zeds built and therefore have little story to tell.

Just spitballing is all.

I would love to come.  I'm on night shift  :'(  If someone can give me a lift and I can sleep the 3.5 hour drive each way, then I'll be there.

What do you say Jimbo?  You up for 8 hours of driving on the day??