WORK

mayhem

[/img]

ordered these from WORK co jap    clean, neat and build for the street

very very easy to order and get just told them how much i want out the guard and they are doing the rest  ;) 

post-517-144023476016_thumb.jpg

post-517-144023476019_thumb.jpg

17x 8 from memory -35  $3500 to my door which is a lot better than whats out there atm

;D i know i know roh could build a set for that price but jap rims for a jap car ... some thing different

• Administrators

Nice choice should work well with the flares. I was torn between those wheels and Watanabe's when I was considering flares, I think though in the end I'll go for Watanabe's simply because I like the "period" race car look.

Post pics when you get them. Are you getting polished centre's or black?

Nice choice should work well with the flares. I was torn between those wheels and Watanabe's when I was considering flares, I think though in the end I'll go for Watanabe's simply because I like the "period" race car look.

Post pics when you get them. Are you getting polished centre's or black?

They only come in the polished or matt finished look as per pic   

i got the matt ones cause polished is to bling bling... yer it should fill out those flares verrry well  ;D cant wait to see them under it ..

they are about 2 weeks off cause the make them custom off set per order but i will post them up as soon as i pull them out of the box

4 stud ...... I'm not to sure why people go the 5 stud conversion other than wheel options power shouldn't be problem I've seen 1500 hp through 4 stud not the standard studs of course but none the less ???

The only problem is that I think the smallest offset they make is +10 - this is from the NZ importer (http://www.work-wheels.co.nz/) when I emailed them about these rims. So at 16 or 17x8 and +10 = you will need coilovers and at only 8" wide they will fit stock fenders - I know this as my new 240z has 16x9 and they fit stock fenders and stock spring perches :) - the rubber does have a stretch look - 225/45/16

This is the email reply I got (price in NZD includes shipping and GST which is 12.5% in the land of the long white cloud)

Brakes details form to fill in as attached.

16 Meister S1 2pc

16x8 +10 is the smallest offset available.

4 pcs $2,980 delivered to you

You see for me the rims on the 240z look great but it has stock brakes (ok for now) and in the future I want to run much much larger brakes so I will have to change the rims so with rims, rubber and brakes it is at least a $5K job :( if I go with these nice looking Work rims

post-104-144023476047_thumb.jpg

weeeeelllll i don't know about what they told you ??? they are a -12 so should be enough room to throw a cat through the wheel and strut :P we shall see im hoping they are going to do the right thing i hate working with company's over the net  :-[ 

• 2 weeks later...

NZeder Jeez they look like Simmons hey!?

Nah locally made Arrow wheels - problem is they look good but the clearance for brakes is just crap - even the stock brake calipers had to be ground down to miss the bolts for that hold the 3 pieces together and these are 16" rims (I assume they use the same centre for 14", 15" and 16" with different shells - however these are very old rims as in 80's and they now make different size centre for different size rims)

See there website http://arrowwheels.co.nz/ - I like the arrowlite but they are not cheap.

I'm suprised no one is looking at Simmons wheels, they have a decent range in 16"+ and being 3 piece and local can make up a set pretty close to what's needed. From prices for Porsche wheels for the GT3 racers they are quoted as about $700 each from Sherrins Motorsport.

When I replace the wheels on the 240 in the next couple of months once my house is sold I willlet you all know how much for 18"x8". I am pretty limited in what I can run due to having 100mm backspace thanks to the dropped spring platforms on the struts and I have to run the same size front to rear for the reg's plus easier to move tyres around to share the wear ;D

I'm a little scared to put em on just yet still doing body work  :-[.... looking for a decent set of rubber first but i mocked it up with the r33 brakes and it looks so bloody good i need to take a photo of it soon just got to finish caliper mounts then i will snap a photo 

im hoping a month im at the mercy of my panel beater he is doing me an awesome deal so i have to be patient  :P ive got just about everything to bolt into it but i can see it getting done in a couple of months not bad seeing that it started in feb this year