Thank you Lurch.

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

I want to announce that Lurch has decided to step down as a site moderator at Auszcar. Lurch has been doing the role for several years now and being a mod is often a thank-less job. I want to take this opportunity to thank Lurch for all the work he has done over the last few years which includes:

[*]Moderating discussions on a daily basis - it's not easy keeping up everything that happens on the site (believe me I know)

[*]Flagging spam and removing spam posts - You'll notice we don't get lots on the site and when we do it's gone quickly. This keeps the sites content quality high (which everyone benefits from)

[*]Identifying posts that are suitable as sticky and benefit the community as a whole

[*]Helping rally up the troops and organise events and technical workshop days

[*]and much much more....

Often being a moderator means you have to take a hard line when users start to get into heated debate and flame wars. You'll never please everyone in such situations and it can be a tough role. I believe Lurch hasn't decided to leave the community rather step back from a leadership role for now. So with all that said, thank you once again Lurch.

PS: At the moment I haven't looked at Lurch's successor . This is definitely something I will consider and I've already had a recommendation but will follow up on that shortly.

If there are any questions, hopefully that's something Lurch can address for you?

Thanks Gav :)

The amount of work that is required to keep this place running smoothly behind the scenes is quite extraordinary!

In any case, it's time for someone else to step into the breach & take this awesome forum forwards.

My fuse has been getting shorter & shorter these last few years, so it's better I move aside now.

Carry On!

Thanks for all you have done Lurchos! Personally from myself and Melinda and the rest of the fam, we appreciate your personal friendship, your hours of hands on assistance over the years and the beers we've shared.  Thank you for moderating more than a forum but for accepting so many of us into a community.  We appreciate you bro!

Rev & Mel

Cheers for the future Lurch. I always had a little chuckle at some of your comments, and for me I could see the humour in them. Thank goodness they weren't directed at me. ;D

All the best.

David.

Lurch, Thanks for all your help online, off and anywhere else. I guess I'm guilty of taking things for granted, so a thanks to everyone else involved too! This site has been invaluable to me in my time as a member

I'll miss the entertainment. 'Insert MJ eating popcorn here'  ;)

Lurch you have done a bang up job. Wit out yo dis place would b full of gangsta speakin Honda boyz. But seriously, your firm no BS attitude has kept the majority of this forum on track and therefore more useful to everyone involved. Ps if you come up north don't drink the Bundy, stick to Sailor Jerry or at the very least Mount Gay! In any case, there will always be some sort of rum for you at my place!

Probably a tough call Lurchos because your passion for the forum was clearly evident and it wouldn't be what it is today without your input. Well done mate! Also appreciate how much time it must take to keep the boys in line, more time to spend on the Early Girl now. Enjoy your retirement.

Gav, about time you got rid of that dictatorial six foot four streak of bad tempered pelican shit.......... he should have been sacked years ago.

Enjoy the spare time Lurch, there's still a cage up here to be made if you are quick enough in taking up Jason's offer, though strangely I've never seen Jason drink rum, just that horrible stuff from kentucky....