Photo

add z31 to auszcar

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think we should add z31 to auszcar (58 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think we should add z31 to auszcar

1. yes (30 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

2. no (23 votes [39.66%])

Percentage of vote: 39.66%

3. maybe (5 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Speaking of datsun forums, I have found two great forums, hybridz (was a daily read until they changed their software and therefore lost a lot of members, but still visit it every couple of days) and this one. Been trying to find a good forum for the 1600s and have been finding it hard to find one.

#22 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I agree with everyone that says they're not relevant.

Basically there is no crossover to Z31 models, especially since they are the start of the V6s (ie everything here originally had an L series).

Aus300ZX (which i am a member of too) is an appropriate place for them since they are 300ZXs (on a whole) and if they were are more popular car there would be more people on there answer questions about them haha.  :P :P :P

There are also a few US forums which cater for them too if you need tech info.

#23 imackz

imackz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Tagline:v8 into a 280zx makes 450zx

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

In my opinion - and I'm always shy in posturing it - it's AusZcar not AusZXcar.  I think the ZX's can start their own  :'(

then you are happy to have the 350z and 370z included ?

#24 imackz

imackz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Tagline:v8 into a 280zx makes 450zx

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

im not trying to start a fued, i just think that auszcar could potentilly grow for the better by adding z31 as there realy is no good community like this, somthing simple like a z31 page in tech and general forums as this would cover both basis, i understand that this is a s30 forum but s130 has also been introduced i just thought why not add z31 as it is also soon to be a classic, the z32 300zx has a good community as im also a member on there but when ever you discuss z31, there is never a good result inless you modifying it by putting a vg30dett in it. i have noticed that many members on here have z31 listed in there cars and i often see familar names on other sites.

aren't we all fairladys anyway ? but do agree the z31 is a different animal to the bucketed light brigade...

#25 Lynton

Lynton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Funny I never thought a 280zx ever looked like S30's but as they get older it is obvious they are another clone and look fantastic now true 80's I think the same of the Z31 as they are getting older they have become way more interesting and are beginning to look like another Z clone and IMO get better looking as they are getting older not only that not many around now a bit like 280ZX's ..........good is hard to find!! I think there is room for Z31's maybe as a chapter within? Lynton  8)

#26 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

then you are happy to have the 350z and 370z included ?

350 & 370Zs have no relevance at all.

#27 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I wouldn't have thought twice about posting any model in the Z range, I didn't realise we were so specific to the early models. I suppose it's good as it keeps out a few of the body kitted z32 boys but I think if you have the z in your heart then post away.

I'm digging the Z31 lately, I didn't know if the boxy 80's cars would ever look good again, but I think it's coming around. Maybe enough time has passed, or at least it's heading that way.

#28 Fairlady Z

Fairlady Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12313.0.html
  • Tagline:Sports Cars

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

they are all ladies  8) :P

plus i'm for flaming all the Z32 kitted cars. it be fun.  ;D
see one every morning. So tempted in getting out with sledge hammer and ripping all the crap of it. such a good looking car spoiled by ugly kits.

but agree the Z31 is getting cool again. My S30 had quite a few Z31 bits in it so it is kinda usable.

Don't forget its the last of the STRAIGHT 6 made Z car , Z31 Fairlady Z 200ZR (yes please want one)

it wouldn't hurt to have it. just shove them in another section.

have few good forum nazi to weed out the idiots and all be good.

#29 Quandary

Quandary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Didn't Inspector Gadget drive a Z31? The 80's cars are fashionable again just as fast as it becomes unfashionable again. Their failing forums might be an indication of that.

#30 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I don't think anyone is going to delete your thread if you start a build for a z31, if anyone complains just ignore them (pretty sure there are plenty of non-z build threads). I don't see there is much of a reason to change anything?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ?

#31 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hey guys,
I saw this the other day but due to a combination of temporarily moving country and having poor internet connection speeds I didn't reply sooner.

I actually think the Z31 and any Z model in the range could become part of Auszcar.com (after all it is Aus Z Car). However given the sites current structure and taxonomy set up it wouldn't work to just slap the other models on and run with it.

Good planning needs to take place to ensure that if S30 members are only interested in S30's, then they can start in that part of the site and see discussions relative to them.

Likewise if someone is only interested in the Z31 they have an entire section (or views of the website) that relate to that model.

Think of the events sections for each state, if your not in QLD you're not going to be reading event details when sitting in Victoria (actually I do anyway :)) but you get the point.

The current forum could be used and new categories added, but I feel we have 2 many forum sections as it is and there is a better solution. However for that to happen I really need to migrate the site away from the current forum software and on to a platform a little more elegant and flexible. I've been meaning to do this for a while but haven't sat down to really work solidly on the site for a while unfortunately.

#32 pauls

pauls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hey, It just happens that I run zdriver.com.au and have owned a z31 for 15+ years,so its safe to say the site aint going anywhere in a hurry.
Yes previous incarnations have been handled poorly, but with me is where that stops.
I've put my own money & time in building & maintaining the site with more to come..
The last thing we need is another mish mash of sites trying to accommodate a small community that's already being managed.
Not to mention pre & post 84's generally appeal to a different audience.
So how about you boys focus on what you do best ;-)

#33 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

another idea that may also work is a z31 link in the actual forum menu, so you click on z31 in auszcar and it redirects you to zdriver, the layout of z driver is good but like it has been said it was previously run poorly. i have notice that zdriver is now more stable but why not merge as such but through a link that way the 2 sites can be true to what they want and it keeps the public who own both quite happy. :)

#34 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

another idea that may also work is a z31 link in the actual forum menu, so you click on z31 in auszcar and it redirects you to zdriver, the layout of z driver is good but like it has been said it was previously run poorly. i have notice that zdriver is now more stable but why not merge as such but through a link that way the 2 sites can be true to what they want and it keeps the public who own both quite happy. :)

Mein Fuhrer says:

NEIN

NEIN

NEIN

NEIN

NEIN!
  >:(

#35 Ledge

Ledge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Tagline:PMC RB28

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

HA HA HA HA
^^^^^That is some funny s##t right there^^^^^

#36 pauls

pauls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

It is not truth that matters, but victory.
Adolf Hitler

#37 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Our Tinpot representative makes a compelling argument

#38 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

It is not truth that matters, but victory.
Adolf Hitler

Man, I would rarely (have never) made a harsh comment on this forum HOWEVER I will make exception to this.  For you to quote Adolph Hitler and his theory on victory is tantamount to actually stating that you're an idiot.  Hitler's process of victory including boiling Jewish children alive, the rape, mutilation and torture of daughters, mothers and grandmothers whilst their husbands and sons watched, I could go on, more than 6 million people who experienced the extravagant misuse of power at the hands of an evil, perverted sadist - I have 6 million reasons to call you an idiot - grow up!
Man, I am PISSED that this kind of juvenile crap has made it on to this incredible forum!
Rev.

#39 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hey Rev, do you want Lurch's old job?

#40 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

No thanks, I believe that truth matters not victory!
Rev.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users