280zx hail from Malaysia

Nice 280zx.

im actualy liking lots of bits and pieces regarding the body mods. unique and makes the 2+2 look lot better.  even the rear lights of a R32 look really good.

Im with Agno. Get rid of that NICS Red top Rb20Det and replace it with ECCS silver top one. 90% of your troubles would be gone.

Nice 280zx.

im actualy liking lots of bits and pieces regarding the body mods. unique and makes the 2+2 look lot better.  even the rear lights of a R32 look really good.

Im with Agno. Get rid of that NICS Red top Rb20Det and replace it with ECCS silver top one. 90% of your troubles would be gone.

Thanks bro. I am trying to get rid of the NCIS as advised but will wait what my mech gonna say when he hit a rd block on it. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy! Gorgeous car! I'm a new Z owner, also from Malaysia! Bought my 74 260z 2+2 in July.

Will be putting a shout out on this forum soon, do check it out.

I need to have a chat with you to learn more :-)

Heyy! Gorgeous car! I'm a new Z owner, also from Malaysia! Bought my 74 260z 2+2 in July.

Will be putting a shout out on this forum soon, do check it out.

I need to have a chat with you to learn more :-)

hey there... thanks and welcome to the forum. i am same as you... learning stuff from this forum is great. now is your Z in Malaysia or still in Aussie?

My car is in KL. Major surgery to fix the horrible horrible rust damage on the underside. Been advised to leave the body untouched for now.

Can't afford to replace the weatherstrips with the original ones, and have no luck in finding any compatible ones as well.

But, at least the car will be safe to drive when the repairs are done, and then the slow process of saving up begins.

Where is your car? Would love to get my mate to meet up and have a chat with you for some advice, if you dont mind.

yea... i understand your feeling right now. the downside of getting ol cars are the rust and the spareparts. I am trying to get as much parts as possible and if you need some parts advise do let me know like bushings and strips. I might have someone I can hook you up to. All these takes time. I have been with my car for 3 years and it's not even 50% done. Now it's in Ipoh for heart transplant.

Your car looks awesome for one that is only 50% complete, haha!

I am interested to find out about your weatherstrips, especially the windscreen ones. Toying around with the idea of going chromeless, as I feel it will be too difficult to maintain, and 2, without the chrome, the car looks a wee bit more streamlined, if that makes any sense.

Where did you get yours, and how much do they cost? I know the original ones cost a ton of money!

Heyy Agno,

Thanks for the info. Been checking out ebay and rarespares among other stores. The weatherstrip kits are quite pricey for me at the moment, that's why I was thinking of experimenting with some cheaper alternatives that have worked well (if there are any).

Heard about the Kia Sportage door rubbers, so will have a go at that when I move to Malaysia before Christmas.

I'm very new to the whole ressurecting a car. my closest attempt was with my previous pride and joy; A mazda 323 fast back.

The only option (locally anyway) is the Rare Spares front windscreen rubber if you don't want OEM. The rest of the rubber is pretty easy to find, you just need to find a profile of seal that matches (sort of) the rubber thats one the car now.

Your car looks awesome for one that is only 50% complete, haha!

I am interested to find out about your weatherstrips, especially the windscreen ones. Toying around with the idea of going chromeless, as I feel it will be too difficult to maintain, and 2, without the chrome, the car looks a wee bit more streamlined, if that makes any sense.

Where did you get yours, and how much do they cost? I know the original ones cost a ton of money!

bro... you got FB? I will hook u up with a person. he got my my bushings... the whole entire set...  ;D

• 2 months later...

Hi dude.. nice ride.. Im from malaysia too..near puchong .. n I have a 280zx 2+2, year 83.. but it needs to be restored first before anything. . Im getting welding n rust removal process done now.. n considering a 1jz in it.. you have whatsapp?

• 8 months later...