Lurch

PB’s - '77 260Z 2+2 Rebuild

Have you seen this fan upgrade Pete? I found it on Hybridz and it refers to using a Kia blower motor.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/120932-blower-motor-upgrade-kia-sportage/

Finally got around to replacing the A/C fan in bus.

Used the Kia fan referred to above, easy conversion and works well.

I didn't realise just how noisy the old fan was until I replaced it.

I now have nice quite comfy cabin.

Time to sort out some tunes.

Cheers

PB

On 8/20/2015 at 12:30 PM, PB260Z said:

A quick update

Have fitted the Kings Springs KDFL-04 & KDRS-09 and 260Z 2 seater rear hats.

Also fitted a set of "Rego Friendly" 195/70-14 tyres (these are the standard size) tyres.

The result ? The front is now 8mm or so lower than the rear.

A very pleasing result for height and stance.

Now to sort out the negative camber.

post-3930-144023809229_thumb.jpg

post-3930-144023809234_thumb.jpg

Hey Pete, 

I've been playing catch up, with a lot of build threads, looking for inspiration / ideas. You're car looks awesome with the current wheel / spring combo, very nice. 

I assume your still running the same king spring combo?. What are your thoughts on ride comfort ect? 

I have the exact same model, and that ride height looks perfect. My current wheels maybe the only issue, but they can always be replaced 8)

Cheers, 

Rob 

Edited by RAP260

Hi

Yes still running the same Kings setup. Comfort is fine. I am now running 225/50X15 Tyres (15X8 -0) and it sits really well.

I had a small issue with scrubbing on front valance and have fitted 12mm spacer on the rear.

I have done a few long trips, Syd - Melb & Syd - Tamworth, and have never had reason to complain.

Last Nov @gav240z and I drove it Melb for the X-Mas BBQ and back to Syd all in 72hrs.

@Lightmaster240z Bruce travelled from Lurch’s to the BBQ in it and he was equally comfortable.

I have not had it on a track, but it does just fine on twisty country roads. I always had in mind that this would be a tourer so am very happy. 

I am also still running the shocks it came with, no idea what they are, but they feel reasonably compliant.

Cheers

PB

4DB6C742-DF42-4CEE-A0F1-EFB7C9C642B4.jpeg

42 minutes ago, gav240z said:

I certainly didn't find the ride jarring or overly rough. Seemed fine to me.

The only drama was that the A/C decided to call it quits.

Cheers @PB260Z,

Decided I will be fitting these springs shortly. 

Good to know about your wheel / tire sizing. Currently running a staggered setup 7 ( 215) / 8 ( 225). But really prefer to run equal dimensions. Just an aesthetic preference. 

Cheers, 

Rob 

Edited by RAP260

Hi

215s on the front is a good idea, I will be going to that size when I need new tyres.

Am also looking around for a pair 15X4.5 Outers for back rims, this would take the back rims out to 15X8.5 -12. I could then loose the spacers.

Cheers

PB

Hi, 

So 225's on the front are a clearance issue?. Or just looking to lighten the steering

Sorry, just realised my mistake. Running 205's on the front. 

Creates a sort of hot rod look to the car. People have actually referred to it as that...:o. Definitely not my thing...lol.

Edited by RAP260

Yes, 225/50/15 on the front occasionaly scrub on the valance, usually when reversing into my driveway - the ramp angle is all wrong.

Ok. Thinking a 215 on an 8 inch rim would look good . Unfortunately I don't have a single picture that shows both wheels together. But you can see the clear difference between my two wheels. Plus, you can also see my need for lower springs... Lol. 

But I do love the look of 225s on the rear. 

Thanks for your input Pete, much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Rob 

IMG_20180402_125217.thumb.jpg.fb6b1373873ef1d28fd97293d28694dc.jpg

IMAG0991.thumb.jpg.d1553ebce4dba7dea09d31bfea90dbdb.jpg

13 minutes ago, RAP260 said:

Ok. Thinking a 215 on an 8 inch rim would look good . Unfortunately I don't have a single picture that shows both wheels together. But you can see the clear difference between my two wheels. Plus, you can also see my need for lower springs... Lol. 

But I do love the look of 225s on the rear. 

Thanks for your input Pete, much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Rob 

Hi

Lowering your car will make an amazing difference to how those fronts look, I reckon they will look great.

Once it is done, post up a few photos.