Looking for feature cars.

gav240z

• Administrators

Just finished the latest feature car:

http://www.viczcar.com/member-rides/jared-cullops-retro-lime-green-240z

With video to follow soon.

I have another article in progress - pending updates from the current owner, however due to work and other commitments I've had very little time to update these lately. Would like to get some more cars lined up and featured on the homepage so if anyone is interested feel free to get in touch.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi, Are you still needing feature cars ????? How many photo's etc can be added, I am appear to be a slow learner on the forum scene....

Hi there mate,

Yes definitely still looking for feature cars and it's about time I updated the homepage. I usually select 6 photos (because that's how many have been used in previous features). However I might be able to squeeze more in - I just have to check I haven't hard coded the number of photos to be included.

Your car looks immaculate so would be very happy to have it grace our front page. I have a form for submitting car details, but if you prefer to just email the details I can give you my email address.

gavindoolan "at" gmail.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Gavin

I don't know if this qualifies as a "feature car" but I thought you may find these photo's interesting.

The first shows No 54 in GT guise in the Australian GT Championship series. The car following is a works Porche Turbo driven by Colin Bond. The race was won by Alan Jones in an 800 horse power Porche 956 twin turbo.

The second is a shot of the same car running under Improved production Sports Car rules ( no splitter or rear wing). This car held a number of class records.

The black and white shot shows me about to lap Ferdi's similar car fitted with G nose in the Australian Sports Car Championship round At Winton some time in the 80s.

Best wishes

Gordon Dobie

post-2965-144023625621_thumb.jpg

post-2965-144023625623_thumb.jpg

post-2965-144023625624_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

Where do I find the form you mentioned. We are all busy so I will fill the form out with all the details.

Cheers,

Aaron

The form is on the website under the member rides section.

http://www.viczcar.com/member-rides/submit-your-ride

However if you find it easier you can email me directly on gavindoolan (at) gmail.com

• Administrators

Hi Gavin

I don't know if this qualifies as a "feature car" but I thought you may find these photo's interesting.

The first shows No 54 in GT guise in the Australian GT Championship series. The car following is a works Porche Turbo driven by Colin Bond. The race was won by Alan Jones in an 800 horse power Porche 956 twin turbo.

The second is a shot of the same car running under Improved production Sports Car rules ( no splitter or rear wing). This car held a number of class records.

The black and white shot shows me about to lap Ferdi's similar car fitted with G nose in the Australian Sports Car Championship round At Winton some time in the 80s.

Best wishes

Gordon Dobie

Gordon I think I and the rest of Auszcar would be very interested in hearing more of these stories. Perhaps we can continue this discussion via email (gavindoolan at gmail.com) and find a way to best present it on our site?

We could certainly do a write up on your racing history and include some great photos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi everyone,

I think it's about time the homepage got an update, just been really busy with work so I haven't had a chance to follow any of this up. Just emailed a couple of you about feature cars but if anyone else is interested please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Emailed a few people directly but as of yet no replies. It's good to have a new featured ride on the site as it attracts potential new members to the site and brings in traffic from all over the "internets".

So does anyone want to put the spotlight on their Z. It doesn't have to be finished, heck as long as you can tell a good story or have a good story to share our members will love it.

Or would you guys rather I picked 1 of you? Are you all too modest? :)

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

I think I am happy enough with my car.  I know I said a while back I would do it, but I didn't get around to it.  I'll put something together, just let me know what you need.

How did I miss this? For sure we can do a write up. I think an interview format works best based on the popularity of the other articles I've done previously it seems to be best if the owner talks about various aspects of the car and build. So if you are still up for it I can send you some questions and we can get something together?

• Administrators

Sounds good Gav, I'll get my mate to pull his finger out and go do a photo shoot :)

Cool just sent you a Google doc with some questions in it to help create the article. Let me know if you have any problems?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I know my car is ratty... and I know it's not exactly show car worthy unless I was part of the Auszoku guys... but I'd love a feature :D

Sure I think I got your email with details so I'll get onto it shortly. Just put Scott's up and have another feature ride in the works so we can do yours after that.

Feature cars don't have to be perfect, the idea is that they inspire others to get on with their projects :).

• Administrators

Not a problem pete would be good to get a +2 up there also. This will be good several cars in a row I've let it slide a bit this year but want to make time for it this year again. It helps grow the community and attracts new eye balls to the site. Will be in contact soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Gav,

perhaps you could ask 'Wayne' about featuring his car.  It is easily the best and neatest 240Z I've seen.  I saw it at the Vic Christmas party.  the attention to detail was amazing.  He just wouldn't leave the keys in it  8)

Oh and I couldn't get my 'Man-sized' ar$e in the seat.

• 1 year later...