• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 GregNSyd

GregNSyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

5 months on and the same guy is still delivering shocking service - I ordered direct online (not via eBay - I notice he is no longer registered on eBay under the Ausclassics trade name, perhaps because his reputation is so lousy).

I paid for custom mats in mid November 2008 and have had no response since then, despite numerous phone messages, faxes and emails.

Turns out a good friend of mine ordered carpets through him some years ago and also had to wait 3 months and jump through hoops to track down his order and get it finally delivered. He managed to find out the actual supplier (Stuart/Ausclassics is just a bad middleman) and chased them up to get things finalised.

From the website images used by both parties, it looks as if ****** Carpets (as mentioned by reverendzed above - thanks!) are the actual supplier so I will chase up with them and see how that goes.

Follow-Up: ****** are the source. I contacted them and they confirmed an order had been placed by Ausclassics and supposedly shipped to me. Now they are "investigating the postal error".

#22 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Gee it would be really nice if you guys came back on here and mentioned what happened when these cases were all resolved. ???
It is so easy to give someone a hard time when something goes wrong.
Some of you say you will return to the forum and let people know the result, yet none of you have done so.

ALL these mentioned have been resolved.

Yes sometimes a supplier is a little slow, Auspost loose things or deliver a bit slow or indeed forget to put the card in a letterbox and an item spends a month in a post office before being returned to me..

Greg N even says that his item was made and sent, even mentioned the supplier of his particular item and confirmed with them that they were sent, yet still blames me for either an Auspost failing or for not himself checking at the post office which is where his item was found!!

Sure, mistakes are made, but they are all chased up and corrected, items are replaced..
I have rectified all of these and yet none of you come on here and say that.

I have replaced, repaired or chased up all these orders and made the deliveries.
Indeed some of you have been given vouchers for free future shipping and other things.

So what about telling the whole story instead of just blindly lashing out.

If anyone would like to chat to me about any of these please contact me, my details are readily available on www.ausclassics.com.au

Anyone who chooses to give me the benefit of the doubt can have free standard underlay with their order, just mention you saw this offer on the Zcar Forum.  :)

Regards
Stuart

#23 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

Stuart

I too never got a response from you two years ago when I purchased a carpet kit from you ebay store (for a 77 two seater 260z)
Firstly the rear deck carpet had a seam across the storage bin area and no split to access the bins...........secondly there was no transmission tunnel carpet included in the kit.
Prior to purchase I was assured by you that the carpets were all as per the original, however the rear deck carpet is short by an inch, has no split and has been joined across the storage bin area.....and the transmission tunnel carpet was missing.
I can live with the rear deck carpet however I would like to carpet the transmission tunnel.........can you supply this?

Alan

#24 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

I believe the guy is a reseller of carpets...he waits for someone to purchase & pay on ebay & then he has to buy the sets from someone else..Ive read about him somewhere.. ???

#25 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Hi Chris 240

Firstly I no longer sell on eBay as they wrecked a perfectly good system and made the fees so high it was no longer worth it.

Also they made communication so difficult that when there were problems they were a hinderance rather than a help!

Also the last time I checked Myer, Supercheap, Autobahn and most retail stores do just that they retail items.

I make some and retail others, making people's items after payment as these are custom made items which are near impossible to sell if not collected.

All carpet sellers and many others on ebay make the items after payment.

Most people on ebay will be reselling goods not making them themselves.

I at least guarentee my goods where as many don't

Cheers
Stuart

#26 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

Why are there seems or two piece carpets?
All people making the rear cargo carpets for the 240 and 260 z along wth many of the cargo carpets for many of the cars and indeed the rear ones in LWB Landcruisers will all need to have seems like the one described above.

This is because the carpet all comes in 1m wide rolls.

This is also why aftermarket carpets for most cars are two piece with a join under the seats.

Most 260z cars do not have a tunnel carpet so it is not in the kit.
If you need one lease ask as the 240 tunel piece can be included.

Cheers
Stuart

#27 S30Mike

S30Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hmm im not liking what im seeing in this thread. :(

I was actually going to get carpets from this seller.. but then decided i dont care about carpet right now.

I think this thread should probably be locked as i can see trouble.

#28 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hi Michael

This thread on the z forum distorts the reality.

Yes there were some carpets delivered late over the last 5 years, for many reasons, but they were all delivered eventually.

However the whole reality when I stopped on ebay I had 3333 +ve feedback and 12 negatives only.  That is less that 0.004% mistakes

But as per usual the one or two mistakes are the ones that people yell loudest about.

Thus I have made this special offer above.

Cheers
Stuart

#29 GregNSyd

GregNSyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Since I have been mentioned by Ausclassics I feel I must do as requested, and clarify the final outcome of my complaint.

When I contacted ******, they had no explanation for the "missing order" but accepted that they had the money for it and would make good. They asked me to provide them with carpet templates for my car so that they could make some for me - suggesting that in fact they had never made any.

Subsequently I got what I had ordered (eventually) but only because I went to them directly. Stuart/Ausclassics never contacted me again, ever.

As for the claim that the mats were "found at Australia Post" - that is news to me. I had to wait for new mats to be made at my request. There was never any suggestion to me that any delivery had been "found".

He may be correct that only some of his deals went so sour, but he never made the slightest effort to fix the problem in my own case, so it is easy to understand the bad publicity around his business.

Verdict: going to forums and getting real life feedback on suppliers is well worth doing if you have any doubts. The measure of customer service is how suppliers respond to problems; anyone can do a decent job when everything goes right. Not responding at all is a sure sign of poor service.

#30 Mr240z

Mr240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Tagline:The one and only Mr240z

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hmm im not liking what im seeing in this thread. :(

I was actually going to get carpets from this seller.. but then decided i dont care about carpet right now.

I think this thread should probably be locked as i can see trouble.

I don't understand what your saying here..If your not buying carpets...Why post !!!

It's allmost impossible to source carpets for Zed cars and this guy is trying to sort the problems

out with his company and do us Zed owners i service.

So let's hear from someone who has used him recently.

Paul
Anyone making aftermarket Zed parts should be giving a fair go..Cause there's not many left..

#31 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Just because he is supplying a hard to find part, it doesn't mean he should get special treatment. After reading these posts I would stay as far away as possible UNTIL i heard a recent positive experience. And from what I can tell anyway, this guy isn't making these carpets, he's buying from another company so he is just the middle man.

Also, I thought there were rules about businesses posting things on this forum? If Stuart would like to donate to the site and prove that his business has improved then I'll be here with open arms. I'd be even happier if he could organise molded carpets as quite frankly, piece carpets are horrible.

Sorry to be quite rude but I don't find your responses to the issues acceptable. I think Ebay has its flaws but there are definitely ways to get into contact with people. And the quip about Supercheap etc? The difference is they either have those items in stock or you can order them in and they will tell you it will be here tomorrow or in 2 weeks, not leave it to you to contact the supplier to see what went wrong. If you don't have something in stock, you need to tell people upfront that there could possibly be up to a 3 month wait on it.

#32 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

OK guys,
I think everyone has had their say.
Stewart is attempting to make amens for previous 'issues', so at this stage I shall ask everyone
not directly involved to keep their opinions to themselves.

I don't want to lock this thread but I will if I have too...

#33 S30Mike

S30Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Just because he is supplying a hard to find part, it doesn't mean he should get special treatment. After reading these posts I would stay as far away as possible UNTIL i heard a recent positive experience. And from what I can tell anyway, this guy isn't making these carpets, he's buying from another company so he is just the middle man.

Also, I thought there were rules about businesses posting things on this forum? If Stuart would like to donate to the site and prove that his business has improved then I'll be here with open arms. I'd be even happier if he could organise molded carpets as quite frankly, piece carpets are horrible.

Sorry to be quite rude but I don't find your responses to the issues acceptable. I think Ebay has its flaws but there are definitely ways to get into contact with people. And the quip about Supercheap etc? The difference is they either have those items in stock or you can order them in and they will tell you it will be here tomorrow or in 2 weeks, not leave it to you to contact the supplier to see what went wrong. If you don't have something in stock, you need to tell people upfront that there could possibly be up to a 3 month wait on it.

This is spot on. I do beleive it is possible for people to make up for mistakes however and in this case Stuart seems to actually care about our feedback.

If we look in the past at other businesses that have been blacklisted here you will only see more negativity, however Stuart seems to want to make an effort to change the poor image at least. I think that should be taken into account.

End of 2 cents

#34 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

Making Moulded carpets is a bit of a problem.

First I would need three (240z, 260z, 260z 2+2) cars to cut up

Then I would have to make about $3000 worth of fibreglass moulds.

Unfortunately you guys wouldn't order enough carpets to do that.

Then we could do carpets for some cars as we have discovered there is more than one floor pan for these cars!!.

So we are willing to work with you to get the best results.

Some non Australian delivered cars our kits are slightly wrong.

If this happens we are willing to duplicate your original carpets.

If the kit is slightly wrong tell us how and we will adjust it.

Meantime lets work together to restore some cool cars!

Cheers Stuart

P.S. I have donated to the site, I advertise here with google ads.

And the offer on the site is genuine....

#35 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

secondly there was no transmission tunnel carpet included in the kit.
Prior to purchase I was assured by you that the carpets were all as per the original, however the rear deck carpet is short by an inch, has no split and has been joined across the storage bin area.....and the transmission tunnel carpet was missing.
I can live with the rear deck carpet however I would like to carpet the transmission tunnel.........can you supply this?

Alan

Alan I wasn't aware that any 240z or 260z was fitted with transmission tunnel carpet from the factory?

As far as I was aware they all had vinyl material down the transmission tunnel. Underneath there was a jute material, but no carpet that I'm aware of.

#36 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Just as an update Stuart has made a donation to the site and appears to be at least trying to address some concerns.

Please feel free to post your own feedback based on your experience.

#37 silverz

silverz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Gee it would be really nice if you guys came back on here and mentioned what happened when these cases were all resolved. ???
It is so easy to give someone a hard time when something goes wrong.
Some of you say you will return to the forum and let people know the result, yet none of you have done so.

ALL these mentioned have been resolved.

Sure, mistakes are made, but they are all chased up and corrected, items are replaced..
I have rectified all of these and yet none of you come on here and say that.

I have replaced, repaired or chased up all these orders and made the deliveries.
Indeed some of you have been given vouchers for free future shipping and other things.

So what about telling the whole story instead of just blindly lashing out.

Regards
Stuart

I do not wish to put fuel on the fire, use your own judgement about using Stuart's services. I do however refute Stuart's claim that "All these mentioned were resolved" My issues were never resolved I had a lot of problems with Stuart and ended up settling with the poor fitting carpet - it wasn't worth the grief it was causing to continue.

Maybe Stuart thought I would no longer be active on this site?

Regards
Peter

#38 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

Stuart, if you have a shopfront in Camden I'd be tempted to drive up from Canberra to pick up carpet...otherwise you can send me carpet and upon receipt I'll pay for it....

#39 Lynton

Lynton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

All 240Z's had diamond vinyl design on the transmission tunnel and so were the first 260Z's but a different diamond pattern about mid/late 1976 the 260Z and the 260Z 2+2 were fitted with carpet over the transmission tunnel. Lynton 8)

#40 ausclassics

ausclassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Silverz

I was more than happy to fix your carpet, indeed I still am.
However I can't make what I can't see.
If you send me the old one at my cost, like I asked I can copy that and send the new one as I always promised.
Cheers
Stuart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users