AUSCLASSICS.

Sooley

Hi All

Man, my run of luck with getting orders lately has been a bit crappy.

Ordered a complete carpet kit from Ausclassics on eBay about 12 weeks ago.

I have spoken with Stuart the owner, when I can actually get him that is, and he keeps telling me its coming and I still haven't got it.

He's only in Melbourne so I have no idea what the problem is. I looked through his eBay feedback rating and there are plenty of others who have had the same problems.

Anyway, I would either allow plenty of time for delivery or try someone else.

Anthony

Anthony, if you have any further probs I would be gald to drop in and pick then up if he's metro!

cheers

sulio

(never hurts to have some spares carpets! ;) nah just kiddin but yer give me a heads up if you need some help!)

Cheers,

SUlio

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah its now been almost 3 months and I still haven't got them.

He didn't really have that bad a feedback rating and keeps telling me that its on the way but nothing.

I have now sold the car and need the carpets in for the guy to pick it up.

REALLY BLOODY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooley

This is his address Anthony,

** address removed **

Im done talking to him, i filed a complaint with Ebay and now im waiting if they will choose to reimburse me.

I modify Calibras and Astras, so i regularly purchase parts over Ebay and this is the worst service i have ever had!

Ballan is about an hours drive from my place however I do go past there a few times a year for work. I think my next trip is in late August however I'd be driving past during the day which might not help but worth dropping in to leave him a note on the door if he is'nt home. If I remember I'll dig this thread up for the address at that time.

Sulio

• Administrators

This is his address Anthony,

**Address removed**

Im done talking to him, i filed a complaint with Ebay and now im waiting if they will choose to reimburse me.

I modify Calibras and Astras, so i regularly purchase parts over Ebay and this is the worst service i have ever had!

Hi Felix is this a personal address or business address. If it's the first please remove it, if it's business it's ok to leave it.

You cant get money out of ebay unless you paid with paypal, and even then its like blood from a stone. Which is fair enough I guess, since you buy anything from the ebay company in the first place, but a private individual. Ebay is just the conduit that brought the two of you together.  It's like trying to get money from the rotary club because you got ripped off at one of there swap-meets, at least I reckon thats how they (ebay) think of it, because they are no help at all on these matters.

While i'm ranting. They charge you to list, and again when it sells, and again when you accept a paypal payment (paypal is owned by ebay). Thats triple dipping.

If i've stuff to sell i'm gonna try OZtion

Is free to list stuff, and it automatically relists if it doesn't sell. Its simpler to use than ebay. And its an Aussie company based in Melbourne.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks all

I finally got them, a day after the car that I sold left for Melbourne.

Then I left a neutral on his feedabck and he left neutral for me too.

Go figure.

Anyway, stay away from him unless you want it 3 months after you order it.

Sooley

• 2 months later...

I must agree with Sooleys comments.

I was unfortunate enough to deal with this company also. Despite promises of immediate manufacture and delivery when I paid for it, delivery took a month. Most of my emails were ignored,the ones that were replied to were quite nasty. Then when the carpet turned up it was a poor fit. There were noticeable differences between the carpet in the ebay ad and the carpet I was delivered. Ausclassics said they would fix it but wanted me to send my old original carpet to them to do this. I was not prepared to do this after the problems with the carpet I had ordered, they also promised to send a free delivery voucher etc. I never received the voucher. I left a negative and of course recieved a negative from them. Stay away no one needs this kind of grief.

• 1 year later...

5 months on and the same guy is still delivering shocking service - I ordered direct online (not via eBay - I notice he is no longer registered on eBay under the Ausclassics trade name, perhaps because his reputation is so lousy).

I paid for custom mats in mid November 2008 and have had no response since then, despite numerous phone messages, faxes and emails.

Turns out a good friend of mine ordered carpets through him some years ago and also had to wait 3 months and jump through hoops to track down his order and get it finally delivered. He managed to find out the actual supplier (Stuart/Ausclassics is just a bad middleman) and chased them up to get things finalised.

From the website images used by both parties, it looks as if ****** Carpets (as mentioned by reverendzed above - thanks!) are the actual supplier so I will chase up with them and see how that goes.

Follow-Up: ****** are the source. I contacted them and they confirmed an order had been placed by Ausclassics and supposedly shipped to me. Now they are "investigating the postal error".

• 9 months later...

Gee it would be really nice if you guys came back on here and mentioned what happened when these cases were all resolved. ???

It is so easy to give someone a hard time when something goes wrong.

Some of you say you will return to the forum and let people know the result, yet none of you have done so.

ALL these mentioned have been resolved.

Yes sometimes a supplier is a little slow, Auspost loose things or deliver a bit slow or indeed forget to put the card in a letterbox and an item spends a month in a post office before being returned to me..

Greg N even says that his item was made and sent, even mentioned the supplier of his particular item and confirmed with them that they were sent, yet still blames me for either an Auspost failing or for not himself checking at the post office which is where his item was found!!

Sure, mistakes are made, but they are all chased up and corrected, items are replaced..

I have rectified all of these and yet none of you come on here and say that.

I have replaced, repaired or chased up all these orders and made the deliveries.

Indeed some of you have been given vouchers for free future shipping and other things.

So what about telling the whole story instead of just blindly lashing out.

If anyone would like to chat to me about any of these please contact me, my details are readily available on www.ausclassics.com.au

Anyone who chooses to give me the benefit of the doubt can have free standard underlay with their order, just mention you saw this offer on the Zcar Forum.  :)

Regards

Stuart

Stuart

I too never got a response from you two years ago when I purchased a carpet kit from you ebay store (for a 77 two seater 260z)

Firstly the rear deck carpet had a seam across the storage bin area and no split to access the bins...........secondly there was no transmission tunnel carpet included in the kit.

Prior to purchase I was assured by you that the carpets were all as per the original, however the rear deck carpet is short by an inch, has no split and has been joined across the storage bin area.....and the transmission tunnel carpet was missing.

I can live with the rear deck carpet however I would like to carpet the transmission tunnel.........can you supply this?

Alan

Hi Chris 240

Firstly I no longer sell on eBay as they wrecked a perfectly good system and made the fees so high it was no longer worth it.

Also they made communication so difficult that when there were problems they were a hinderance rather than a help!

Also the last time I checked Myer, Supercheap, Autobahn and most retail stores do just that they retail items.

I make some and retail others, making people's items after payment as these are custom made items which are near impossible to sell if not collected.

All carpet sellers and many others on ebay make the items after payment.

Most people on ebay will be reselling goods not making them themselves.

I at least guarentee my goods where as many don't

Cheers

Stuart