Ramflo filters on triple carbs?

Toecutter

I've read that different length velocity stacks on triple carbs can change the power band. I'm thinking of using the Ramflo filters I have in a cupboard on my triple Delorotos. Do people usually have the velocity stacks under filters or just bolt on the filter and housing?

Lynx600.jpg

Hi Sulio,

Your right. Ram Tubes; Air Horns; Velocity stacks ( call them what you will )should always be used on any modified engine.The short length are usually for high RPM's and the longer ones for mid-range response. Datsun uses them on the original aircleaner housing for the Hitachi/Su. I use short ones (red anodised ) from redline with Redline oiled socks inside an alloy cold air box. By the way. After seeing your photo of the Dellortos with what looked like a takeoff point for the dizzy vacuum , I took off the front carb and drilled it for vacuum. Worked well. If you are going to use Ram Tubes under an air cleaner have at least 1" clearance between the end of the tube and the air cleaner plate. Regards David.

do the setup that some new bike engines have where basically velocity stack extensions are moved into place when needed :D

the headlining modification to the '07 R1 is the Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I). The pioneering design allows the R1's intake snorkels to change position relative to the engine rpm, making more torque on the low end and maximum power up on the top
taken from http://www.motorcycle-usa.com

5403307_r1_intakestack.gif