A bet with a GTR r33 owner. Need some assistance (QR)

stevofoxono

LOL funny stuff.

yeah check the fine print of the wager. if its your car vs his and you guys driving. Even if hes a tool as a driver you be struggling.

Driven few R32 and R33 GTRs and all I can say good luck. I think you need a quite a nicely preped Z to go againts it.

sometimes its just better to listen to their crap  ;D unless you and your car can do what you are saying.

good luck let us know of the result and a You Tube video be nice  8)

love to see the Z win.

I only have a stock dunger Z, maybe i better give it a bit of prep work.

Clean the windscreen a bit, but no point giving her a No2 Cut & Polish, too many stone chips, dunno how they got there but!

Mattie, theres just certain things about my car that are done prior to use. A purchaser will be told, it is for sales buts!

This is the kind of talk that leads to a group booking at one of QR tracks. Fifteen cars at 10x normal entry fee . Lakeside would be better as it suits the Z better .Any Z for that matter.  The GTR lift their inside wheels on some of the corners and upset there 4WD systems and they don't like off camber corners.Your mate may be happy to throw down a challenge to you . But how would he feel about 13 other Z's behind him who be more than happy to back up your claim?

Wow

Sounds like someone's mouth is writing cheques that their ar$e can't cash! C'mon Stevo, you know my car is basically stock and you challanged me remember ...? Now your on here trying to STIG me .....! I too could ask a mate to race his V8 Supercar against you, I could borrow my mates track only Group A GTR, I could borrow my cousins 9 second street car, I could even get my mate to race you in his 6 second funny car ....... but NO! I'll race you in your 240z like you wanted, $500 run what you've brung. I never claimed I could be a race prepped car with slicks but to be honest I can drive quite well and would put up a good fight in my stock GTR. I will however race dat2kman for money if he so wishes, I currently have 3 projects on the go at the moment so the GTR is shelved for the forseable future and will only be removed from the shed to race Steve's 240z. When I have upgraded the intercooler, turbos, fuel system and put some slicks on it however if you still wan't to race me Steven knows where to find me .......

Regards

Matthew

Nah, just trying to keep it as close to Apples to Apples as possible.

The r33 gtr sounds pretty stock, but yes its got advantages, so why not run it against a stock 280Z that is CAMS legal as a stock factory prod sports car, on road use approved tyres, not race slicks!

Steven, get it out to either QR or Lakeside, spend a day circulating, and let us know your times.

That is gonna be about as good as it gets, unless you are going to get fully licensed, all safety gear and get the car fitted with a cage, you wont actually get to race door to door.

Individual single lap times much like 1/4 mile times is about it, Stevofoxone, you too get your arse out to a teack, do the same, and pist up your times.

63 around Clubman circuit at QR , or Lakeside, is starting to get there.

1.25's around QR national, or if you ate thinking of Warwick, under 1.33 around the full track, ( 3 km) is trying.

Nah, just trying to keep it as close to Apples to Apples as possible.

The r33 gtr sounds pretty stock, but yes its got advantages, so why not run it against a stock 280Z that is CAMS legal as a stock factory prod sports car, on road use approved tyres, not race slicks!

Because i'm an AMATURE driver, never done circuit in my life and you sound semi professional. Put a gun driver in my GTR and it would hand your 280z it's ar$e but it's not going to come down to car vs car if i'm driving against you. A good driver with a properly set up car should be able to lap 10 seconds a lap around QR quicker than an AMATURE driver. I can however get someone with your experience and skills to drive my GTR with the same level of modifications as your CAMS approved 280z if you wish and watch him douse you by 10 seconds a lap around QR. CAMS approved isn't worth the paper it's written on, there is so much room for modification it's not funny. Put a stock 280z up against a stock GTR lap time for lap time with the same driver and we all know what the result will be. This is why you're lapping QR @ 1:23 and most properly set up GTR's are lapping QR @ 1:15 :D

Cheers,

Matt

Matt.

No need to get fiesty. Your car is faster. As it should be with a few decades of technology advancements.

Z's were still Japan's efforts, of getting their foot in the door, in thd USA.

Whereas GTR's are pretty much, supercar killers.

So don't get offended, if evening things up, means having a better driver in the Z.

Take it more as a compliment.

My opinion is more based on engine capacity.

2.8L n/a vs 2.6L twin turbo.

Normally in completion, forced induction engines are multiplied by 1.7. Which makes the GTR a 4.42L. But is a twin turbo multiplied by 1.7 again? That then makes it a 7.5L

Then there's rear wheel drive vs all wheel drive. But that may be a whole new conversation.

Does that sound like being even to you?

Not even close!

Suck it up. Race Jason and we'll all have fun with it.

After all, you were happy to take the money when you knew you'd win. Makes it all the more interesting.

Matt.

No need to get fiesty. Your car is faster. As it should be with a few decades of technology advancements.

Z's were still Japan's efforts, of getting their foot in the door, in thd USA.

Whereas GTR's are pretty much, supercar killers.

So don't get offended, if evening things up, means having a better driver in the Z.

Take it more as a compliment.

My opinion is more based on engine capacity.

2.8L n/a vs 2.6L twin turbo.

Normally in completion, forced induction engines are multiplied by 1.7. Which makes the GTR a 4.42L. But is a twin turbo multiplied by 1.7 again? That then makes it a 7.5L

Then there's rear wheel drive vs all wheel drive. But that may be a whole new conversation.

Does that sound like being even to you?

Not even close!

Suck it up. Race Jason and we'll all have fun with it.

After all, you were happy to take the money when you knew you'd win. Makes it all the more interesting.

FI is x 1.7 regardless of single twin or quad turbo (Veyron). Sea level is 14psi so for every 14psi theoretically you double the efficency of your engine vs a NA engine.

I'm only having a light hearted dig :D I love everything Nissan/Datsun. Hell I might even buy myself a 240z down the track and slam a rb26 in it.

I'd be happy to race you boys for $hits and Giggles around the track, and hopefully in the next few months I might get the chance.

I'm only here to stir the shit out of Steve, if you worked with him you would understand. He has posted on here he knows he can't win but he will still argue to my face he will smash me around QR :D Hahah bless his cotton socks

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, i too am an AMATURE, i dont have big budget race teams, no sponsorships, i fully self fund my motorsport, yes i have done it for a bit.

As far as a race, ie doir to doir, lets start at the drop of the National Flag, do five laps, and chequered flag, it wont happen for you, yet!

It involves a whole lot of stuff to be done to you, gear bought, catpr fitted with required safety gear etc.

Simple, get your arse out to QR, when they are running their Satday Arvo, or Wednesday Funday Sprints sessions, all you need is their Baic type license, at $60, your days entry fee, $ 100 to 150??, long sleeves. Long pants, a helmet that fits your head and looks on OK condition, and get out there and soend the day circulating, work up to it, experiment with what the xar will do, and when it will let go, understeer will be the biggest issue.

You will get put up on their official QR timing website, and then we will all see how good you did.

Biggest problem you will then have is,,,, next time you will want to go faster!!

I've got my single lap times at the various QR circuits, and Lakeside, in my 280Z, yes, i could stick slicks on it, but it runs in Stock Prod Sports category, so it has to comply with the rules and regs as set.

Start off by crawling, then get on your feet, and walk, once you got the hang of that, then run!

Same advice goes for Steve.

Post up on here when you done it how you did!

If you was in a Sylvia, i'd be a bit worried!

I can also be available for a bit of coaching and instruction!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is like a Datsun version of World Wrestling Federation! Go boys...the more trash talking the better!

As for improving the Z so it can beat the R33....you're contemplating spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars to try (invane) to save $500??

Might be better to hand over the cash and head down the pub to spend it!

Jamo

• 5 weeks later...