Any WA members with project LS powered Zeds?

RB30X

I was talking to somebody today that lives in Perth that was interested in buying my Zed. I was wondering if there were any others in WA that have been down this road before, ie engineering and registering an LS powered Zed or any engine conversion for that matter in WA.

I'm sure I can remember someone from this site that had one over there. Hopefully I can point this guy in the right direction regarding an engineer that knows what he's taking about.

Thanks

Step 1 is to send a form in to the transport department to get pre-approval. Once you get the pre-approval letter, then you can start looking for engineer etc. If they dont give you pre-approval, no point having an engineer.

Looks like they go with the National Code Of Practice and several LSx/S30s have already been registered under this Code.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20500.asp#21153

Modifications requiring approval - limitations and conditions.

For information on the following modifications please refer to the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government's Vehicle Standards Bulletin: National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (VSB14):

• 3 months later...