Other collectible Japanese Vehicles

Scoota G

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've been considering buying a B10, Datsun 1000.

I've found myself looking at cars I've never rated before.

Like on eBay at the moment, a granny spec 260C. I really like it.

I think these odd old 70's and 80's Jap cars are on the rise.

Yes, even the Toyota's

We got this one for Katie's boys who at the age of 10 and 13 have started their own wrecking business. The shell has a little rust and no accident damage so after it's parted out i may fix the rust and they can sell that too.

They parted out a 82 Bluebird and have made $440 to date and with the proceeds bought the toyota and a nissan pulsar!

seems to me like its new enough to be comfortable to drive, with enough luxuries to keep you happy.

Clean up the outside, tidy set of wheels, nice understated paint ect, standard resto and it'd make a good daily.

Its when you go modifying it with lots of silly fun things that it becomes a bit more unreliable and a lot more expensive.

We got this one for Katie's boys who at the age of 10 and 13 have started their own wrecking business. The shell has a little rust and no accident damage so after it's parted out i may fix the rust and they can sell that too.

They parted out a 82 Bluebird and have made $440 to date and with the proceeds bought the toyota and a nissan pulsar!

Great idea. They'll learn a lot from this, both business and wrecking skills. I was going to do the same with my boys, I buy the cars, they wreck parts, I sell them and they get a cut.

Those Coronas are awesome. A mate of mine swapped an 18RG into his with twin Mikunis and it goes well. Makes for a cool cruiser.

I also like early Cressidas, but you don't see many of those kicking around anymore:

184_ToyotaCressidaX30.jpg

That wagon of that corona (1978) was the very car that got me into nostalgics (my father owned one) so I'd be damned if anyone opted to wreck it...although my dad did end up giving it to a wrecker who came in a tow truck not expecting the thing to still be running. Wrecker did take it, but it was seen polished and on the road once again a few weeks later..just can't kill em.

There are a handful of C10 skylines... maybe 15 max? There are also earlier skylines poking around still. The Prince register is pretty on top of their game when it comes to that sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

The C10 was the first Skyline with a model designation GTR, there were however a few performance variants of earlier Skylines without the GTR designation such as the S50 2000 GT-B. Like the C10 they came in 4 cyl and 6 cyl configurations with different body shells to accommodate the larger 6 cylinder engine.

• Administrators

The old J-tin is coming back in vogue as the old quirky style is now being appreciated and the nostalgic shape is something many have fond memories of. I've always liked the old Japanese cars, thought they were cool looking and for the record my mum and aunts used to drive Coronas in white, very reliable but rusted like anything.

Everything goes in circles, values hit rock bottom and good examples dry up, then rarity drives up value.

Put a new set of wheels on it, lower it and leave the old school paint. Would make for a cool ride I think.

Those Coronas are awesome. A mate of mine swapped an 18RG into his with twin Mikunis and it goes well. Makes for a cool cruiser.

Awesome and coronas do not belong in the same sentence in my opinion. The only time they are awesome is when they are the liquid variety and come imported from Mexico.

Awesome and coronas do not belong in the same sentence in my opinion. The only time they are awesome is when they are the liquid variety and come imported from Mexico.

I think it's entirely the other way around. Unless you like mildly fizzy water  :P