#21 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I think a picture would help. Idle adjustment bolts on your carbs are probably held in by nuts under the tab and a spring on top. Nuts and springs of a specific size.

#22 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Photos you shall receive! Carbs 1 and 3 have holes which look like this:
Bottom view (threaded section on bottom)
Posted Image

Top view (larger unthreaded area for I assume some sort of insert/spring retainer)
Posted Image

Carb 2 bottom view (big unthreaded area on the bottom with smaller unthreaded area on top)
Posted Image

What is on the opposite side of carb 2 and I guess what should be in the other side:
Posted Image

#23 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Carbs are on, I wrote a bit of a summary in my build thread but to summarise the summary:

The car refuses to turn over and when it does it backfires through the carbies and dribbles fuel through the trumpets. The vent hole has no fuel in it so I don't think it's the float levels and the jetting is stock Alfa GTV2000 as run by several people on this forum so I don't think it's the jetting.

It's an L28, F54 block N42 head with 280ZX distributor, near new spark plugs, leads and ignition coil. The carbs have no return line and are being run on a low pressure high volume fuel pump as recommended by EFI Hardware for a Zed with triples (tiny Pierburg thing).

I think it's timing but I'm all ears to any other possible reasons that could cause my car to do this.

#24 BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Retarded timing caused me similar problems...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users