Classic Japan Day 2012 - Sunday Nov 25th Como Park

260Coupe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon will love this one!

Cool, Como Park, the nice gentle slopes next door to historic Como House!

As a young fella, i used to GRASS  SKI all over the slopes there!

( does anyone know wtf I am on about??)

I'll be half way to there, that weekend, at Eastern Ck NSW

You guys are already on to us. This is great, as we would love to see more of you there! Here is the official blurb.

TCCAV proudly presents Classic Japan 2012, featuring classic Japanese cars, and motorcycles from the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club.

Held on Sunday November 25th from 9am to 1pm at Como Park, South Yarra (entry from Alexandra Parade). Participating vehicles must arrive between 8am and 9am, and must be manufactured pre 1987.

All proceeds go to beyondblue

Put it in your diaries now, it is going to be awesome!

250618_254807227952512_337692753_n.jpg

Link to the facebook page here - www.facebook.com/classicjapanshow and the facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/322077541212670/

• 3 months later...

So are we going to get any gorgeous Z's along this year? We certainly hope so!

A reminder to be there between 8am and 9am if you want to be on show.

Gold coin donation as entry, proceeds to beyondblue

Any questions people need answering?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to ride dad to get his project done by then........ When he gets back from where ever he is  ???

Should be a good one, as the Dandy one was lame!

Jason........ we always think you're on the grass mate  ;D

Agree Dandy was lame, the best thing there was the ice-cream truck...might have a punt on the como show.

• 2 weeks later...

All the way from Sydney?? Man that would be an awesome effort! We had a dude come from Qld last year which was also amazing.

Cool sounds great :)! Here is a dumb question  ;D, will there be trophies given out on the day to different classes for cars on show?  For E.g. Best modified, best original cars, best vehicles for different makes and years etc?

Not a dumb question. We don't have trophies, don't do judging. My experience at other shows is that it makes one person in a category happy and the rest a tiny bit pissed off...you get bitching about favouritism... yadda yadda yadda... at the end of the day who are we to judge what is good  and what is not... everyone's car is cool in its own right... the day is all about celebrating cool jap cars in all their forms.

so no judging :)

Just 5 sleeps to go! Is everyone excited?

As there is some confusion as to how to get in, below is a map of the area. You can enter off Williams Rd North or Alexandra Ave, entrances are marked with an arrow and will have our people on the gates. We are using both the ovals in the Como Park North precinct for show cars (that is the upper level and lower level parks)

Once again we will expect all entrants to stay put for the full duration of the show, that is 9am to 1pm - a condition of our insurance is that cars are not moving around while the show is on.

Gates are open to entrants 8am-9am. If you want to park as a group, you will need to come in as a group. Don't forget your gold coin for entry, all funds raised are going to beyondblue.

Spectator parking will be in the streets around the venue. I expect there will be a degree of chaos with that, so apologies in advance for that!

We are looking forward to seeing you all on the day!

Como%2520Park.JPG