#41 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

The Autocar link that Benny put up, has a quote at the start of the story that is interesting.
It also talks about-
*The modifications being done at the Datsun lab in Japan.
*Having an LSD.
*Triple Solex Carbies.
*Fibreglass doors, bonnet and rear hatch.
*Plastic side and rear windows
*Twice pipes
*Electric fuel pump
*215/70/14 tyres (no rim width)
Simon, in combination with other material, that stuff above is extremely usefull.
We already have freedoms in side/rear glass, fuel pumps, exhausts, LSD,
It is the carbs, brakes and rims.
The plastic body parts wont get up, i know that.
That fat tyre size is a very good indication that rims were 7" HS30H wrote a post above about 6 and 7" rims, unfortunately, no matter how much Alan T can tell us via who did what etc, a website comnent is not sufficient as far as the Elegibility committee is concerned.
There is no way a car manufacturer would fit a 215/70 x14 tyre on a 5.5" rim ( std produvtion rim width) to explain, CAMS Vehicle Specification Sheet for Z cars in Gp S allow a 6x14 and a 205/60x14 tyre, even though stock std was  a5.5 rim and a 175/70x14, from factory

Please, anyone, if you recall any "pld" articles or dicuments, scan them, link them, let me know.

Don't know if it tells you any real info that would help with CAMS though Jason  :-\

Good luck  ;)

#42 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Jason... perhaps get onto the owner of the website i sent you.

actually you have Facebook. Here is his Facebook-

https://www.facebook.../guus.vanderbol

you may have some luck getting something out of him... he seems to know his stuff and possibly has other documents.

Ben

#43 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thanks Benny, will do.
I think i stuffed up my reply to Simon, above, i somehow magically stuck my text insude his quote, now it is all blue, and in the middle.
Blardy numpty intrawebs user!!

#44 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

I think i stuffed up my reply to Simon, above, i somehow magically stuck my text insude his quote, now it is all blue, and in the middle.
Blardy numpty intrawebs user!!

Yes, you are clearly retarded  ;D

#45 HS30-H

HS30-H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

When i tell him about the Rally side of Datsun, which he knew zip about, his comment was along lines of, "ok, go for it, put up a case, show old period stuff"
I know what will be accepted, and can sift through the stuff that wont be.

I'm not going to supply you with a lot of "stuff" that you can "sift through" and decide what you will use or not! It reminds me of a guy who contacted me out of the blue and asked me to put "all" my photos on a CD and send it to him, just because he wanted to see them. Of course, he might well have misunderstood the enormity of what he was asking for....

If you know what will be accepted, why not tell me EXACTLY what it is, so that I can see whether I have it or not? You have been talking about things like "brochures", but there were no brochures for the works 240Zs rally cars. Why would there need to be? Most of their compliance was contained within the FIA homologation papers ( which CAMS won't accept for your Group Sc ) and any factory documentation was - by its very nature - for internal use and therefore private. Journalists - as you will have seen from the 'Given The Works' period magazine article - pretty much had to guess what the specs of the cars were by looking at them....

So, how can what you want be proved? It seems to me that photos alone are not going to cut it anyway. 

When i explained to him, the chair of the committee, that Nissan had actually made cars, brand new, for use on public roads in Africa, aeurope and the UK, with the items we need, fitted, at factory level, he said, "get whatever information you can, it cannot be heresay or second hand romours or scuttlebutt"

That sounds pretty bloody positive to me.
Do we persist with this, or just forget about Datsuns and trying to make them competitive against the others that have been granted the concessions.

Can you help us please?

Sorry, but I still think that quote from CAMS ( "Factory-built, competitive variants of standard production vehicles are not eligible for this group...." ) knocks your ball out of the park. The works rally cars were exactly what CAMS specifically proscribe. You're trying to make it sound like they were "supplied" in the sense that CAMS mean ( to the general public, from the showroom floor ) when they were not.

I would fully support your attempts to level the playing field, but I don't think this is the way to do it. They are going to see what you come up with, and then throw it out.

But tell me what you think the best thing to come up with would be. What's the Silver Bullet?

#46 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm off racing this weekend at Eastern ck NSW, will catch up with some of the elegibility and historic commision guys, and throw what i am discovering, at them. Lets see what they have to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users