• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 s301972usa

s301972usa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:52 AM

I'm really interested in putting the amber taillights on my 72 240Z. I have a good amount of 240 spare parts here in the US I would be willing to trade/? for a set of taillights. Any help would be appreciated.  jve871@yahoo.com

#2 zed24t

zed24t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

Hey Bud,
Have you tried www.datsunrestore.com they are in the US, and have the amber lights, reproduction though...Cheers.

#3 s301972usa

s301972usa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

I have seen that they making repros now, but I'd prefer the real thing if I can find them. BTW- has anybody ever taken apart a taillight on a 240Z? I'm afraid I would break the moulding piece or worse the casing! If it's been done, let me know what you did. Thanks

#4 zed24t

zed24t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yes I have taken the tail lights apart to tidy mine up.
Take the wire/loom off.
Then place the whole thing in a bucket of hot water (NOT boiling), this losens the glue/gasket, leave this in for 10-15min.
Then spray some type of silicon spray around the lense only as a precaution,so as to not cracking the lense.

Then use either a hard plastic or flat head screw driver and seperate the lense form the backing. The chrome plastic strip has 3 clips...be careful as the plastic can break easily.

When you put back together us the same type of bonding tape.
Hope this helps.

#5 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

on this topic, I havent been able to find any for either 1600 or zed, but im still looking.  I found someone with 1600 tail lights, but they are jap spec and i believe you have to change the rear panel to put them in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users