dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Lol so much hate  :'(

Yes, he really is quite the k-nob! Trollster plus!

Fwiw, it has a new close ratio box fitted, rb internals, the old close ratio box can be sold with the car
Lurch's recent vid from PI shows its gearchanging and rpm drops.
The Group S Association has on their website the track lap records, and as does Natsoft, at the numerous tracks around the country, where it has actually raced, as opposed to just hot air and gunnagunna talk.

A genuine interested buyer will get a lot of documentation in relation to the car, and the event records and setup books.

Gee whiz, that reminds me, Lurch has got a lot of my incar stuff, yet to be put on the UberTube. The ones where i have to start from rear of race grid, as i didn't qualify, are quite good.

But of course, the Trollking will tell us all how he would fo it, and so much better, too!

Car is for sale, front right guard repaired, new chassis rail sections proffesionally welded in, rust removed.
Zzzed, put a downpayment on it, nil interest charge, pay it off LayBy style.
No not Lebo style!!

#42 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Mate. I would be to old to race by the time I had paid it off

#43 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Sorry Jason, had to remove some useless posts from your thread...

#44 ZAZ

ZAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Tagline:Grumpy old datman

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

A 260Z is not a 280Z
Ask CAMS after the Mt Buller crash seen on SBS TV
They came to my house from Mt Gambier and scrutinesed a genuine HGLS30 I bought from a  US serviceman
A 260Z is NOT a 280Z in any form except shape.
Ask CAMS
2c

Previous info

1976 HGLS30 left hand drive 280Z 2+2 purported to have originated in the USA from a US serviceman who came to work at the US spy base in Alice Springs in 1982.
He sold the car locally (naughty naughty, private imports not allowed back then) to his girlfriend who has owned for 17 years.
It has been stored in the high desert for the past 5 years and now I can buy it.

There are some problems however as I see it ...I will be brief.
1/. Authenticating the cars origin as USA, how do I do this it may have come from other Left hand countries.
2/. The engine has been nmodified to a single down draft carburettor and I need to get details of the original EFI system and change it back.
3/. Spare parts what fits from 240/260Z cars as thats the only models ever sold in Australia.
4/.There are very few 280z's here and virtually no spares, so how do I get rudimentary parts like fixing a broken tail light or side light or window?

etc etc any comments will be answered thanks in advance.

Details........

Datsun 280Z 2+2
Date 1976.
Black in colour.
Engine number L28 084295

#45 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi ZAZ, your're new here!
Sorry, you are incorrect.
There are 280 Z's around, CAMS has now issued ligbooks for two of them, to compete in Historic Production Spirts Cars, Category S©
CAMS website does list vehicle specification sheets for the Datsun 280Z
They were a production car sold in USA? As a 2 seater.
They were also raced in SCCA ( USA Prod Sports) events.
They were model run-on from the 260Z, with the larger bore  FI engine, and required items as needed for registration in USA states, including Canada. The lower front panels were unique, along with the heavy USA Impact front and rear bumpers, which are able to be removed, as per CAMS regulations.
There are many spare parts sources for the 280Z.

There have been a number of Left Hand Drive varios S30 cars imported, and under certain conditions set by the varioys Australian transport authourities, these cars can be registered for use on roads, as LHD.

It is also quite easy to convert to RHD, but, the values in the marketplace, today, would render this as un-viable.

#46 Grandad

Grandad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi dat2kman

Your selling into a pretty thin market but as you know there are always people looking for well sorted front running cars also buying something already done is far more economical than building one yourself as we have found, the only benefit in doing one yourself is the opportunity to get pretty much exactly what you want first up but it comes at a cost and certainly in our case when it's finished cost won't be remotely close to value.

www.my105.com is the no one site for race cars in Aus I just checked it and can't see your car there have you thought about or tried that site?

Only two Zeds when I checked today http://www.my105.com...n/Default.aspx 

Cheers
Dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users