263 replies to this topic

#121 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I just picked the 'basic' package and the sprint entry. Maybe I'll buy other merchandise on the day.

It's great value!

#122 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Entered...  :)

#123 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Entered.

#124 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

55 cars entered for the PI sprints already.

#125 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Entry including for sprints is filled in, just got to post it with a cheque now :)

#126 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

So where do we find the entry for the sprints at?  They said they would be out soon, but I haven't seen it yet.

#127 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

NDSOC are pleased to announce that Phillip Island will play host to the 2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals on March 29th to 31st, 2013. The Island and its surrounds areas have much to offer and with many different types of accommodation, something can be found for all entrants.

The schedule is;

Friday March 29th
2-5pm - Registration/Check-in Bass Rooms, Ramada Resort Phillip Island, 2128 Phillip Island Road, Phillip Island. Come and grab your Nationals pack and say hello, gather any additional information before heading to your accommodation to unpack and unwind.

6:30pm - Welcome barbeque, Bass Rooms, Ramada Resort Phillip Island. Here you get to catch up with faces from Goulburn in 2011 or meet many new ones in a relaxed atmosphere.

Saturday March 30th
7am -5pm - Nationals Sprint and Regularity, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. Arguably one of the nation’s fastest and most respected tracks, the day will be spent with fellow Nissan / Datsun’s stretching their legs. There will be a regularity class for those who want to be part of the event but not put too much strain on their car, however places are limited for this class.
Dorian timing devices will be used & is included in your entry cost.
There will be a familiarisation session for your first run out on the track.
You will need a CAMS Level 2S licence as a minimum and must be a member of a CAMS affiliated club to compete.
Please note the day is a 75dba day.
There will also be a professional photographer there to capture you in action.

Or

Country Drive through Phillip Island and surrounding areas. For those who want to explore the regions along some amazing roads, then this drive is for you. There will be navigational directions, questions to answer which will keep everyone occupied on the trip with prizes awarded at the presentation dinner.

Sunday March 31st
9am-3pm - Concours / Show and Shine , The Esplanade, Cowes. The day many have been waiting for. Held along the Esplanade against a glorious backdrop, here you will find some amazing vehicles. Cars will be in place from approx 9:30 -3pm. Please note you cannot move your vehicle during this time.
There will be a shuttle bus, which will run from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm so that you can visit some of the attractions in the surrounding areas.

6:30pm - Presentation Dinner Continental Hotel, the Esplanade, Cowes. Re-live the weekends events and cheer the award winners from the Track day, Concours, Show and Shine, Drive and much more. There will be raffles, giveaways and a fabulous night is ensured. Find out who is the recipient of the Robert Shannon Memorial Award, (Z Nationals Champion) and the 2013 Nationals Champion.
For all enquiries, please contact nationals@ndsoc.com.au

Entry Forms:
http://www.ndsoc.com...icial-Entry.pdf

Track day supp regs uploaded shortly.

#128 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

No no, thanks but I mean the actual sprint entry, I was told by the lady taking the entries that a sprint entry would be announced soon.  I have already entered and paid for everything, but I assumed that 260DET was talking about the sprint entry.

#129 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

The supp regs for the sprint are still to come out, but it'll be just like any other track day. As far as sprint entry goes, all you need to do is submit that entry form and pay.

#130 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Ok thanks, I have only done one before at the last nats, so I don't have much experience with it all and want to make sure I get it right.  Thanks mate

#131 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

One day CAMS licences? Can't see any reference to licences in the Sup Regs and CAMS require one day licence forms to be supplied by the event organiser. $100 for a one year CAMS licence when AASA charge $55, no thanks.

#132 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

One day CAMS licences? Can't see any reference to licences in the Sup Regs and CAMS require one day licence forms to be supplied by the event organiser. $100 for a one year CAMS licence when AASA charge $55, no thanks.

But Richard that 2s CAMS licence will then let you run at great places like Noosa Hillclimb, choice of two per year, Mt Cotton Hill climb,quite a few events like the Tighe series and Qld Chamionship, a plethora of sprints like Gatton, Leyburn and Lowood as well as Maryborough, and also sprints at Morgan Park, Hill Climbs at Grafton, and that's without looking up the CAMS website, oh and the CAMS insurance for competitors is much better than AASA if something does go wrong on the track and you are injured, as wella s pit crew being covered.

And with the amount of money it's costing to get to Phillip Island, really what an extra $100 in the scheme of things......

#133 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I have pulled out sadly, won't get to do another one either :(

#134 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

still havnt got the engine sorted yet mate, that's sad to hear you wont make it but your not the only one, my wedding is whats stopping me

#135 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Nah, even if I do, I have decided to sell it.  I might get one later.  That's a fair excuse mate lol

#136 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

But Richard that 2s CAMS licence will then let you run at great places like Noosa Hillclimb, choice of two per year, Mt Cotton Hill climb,quite a few events like the Tighe series and Qld Chamionship, a plethora of sprints like Gatton, Leyburn and Lowood as well as Maryborough, and also sprints at Morgan Park, Hill Climbs at Grafton, and that's without looking up the CAMS website, oh and the CAMS insurance for competitors is much better than AASA if something does go wrong on the track and you are injured, as wella s pit crew being covered.

And with the amount of money it's costing to get to Phillip Island, really what an extra $100 in the scheme of things......

It's a matter of principle mate, there is no CAMS event in Q where 5th gear can be used and that is my entry test. Maybe at Morgan Park but not sure what non series events they are putting on this year.

So does the silence mean that one day licences are not on the agenda?

#137 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

After some advice as it's been a few years since I have raced. I notice in the supp regs it mentions 'supplementary return springs for each throttle'. I have six FCR carbs which to me means six throttles, but they are all coupled to a single throttle shaft via threaded metal inserts and have a single throttle cable. All linkages are inside the carb bodies, leaving only a solid shaft and throttle cable wheel on the outside that I can attach to.

The carbs have a single return spring fitted from the factory, it's heavy gauge and quite difficult to operate by hand. I have two of these fitted to the current setup so the 'supplementary return spring' would give me three springs in total.

Do I just hook up the extra return spring on the throttle wheel and hope that it's enough?

Attached Thumbnails

• 35019_cb3f8fb7dccb018a3af9d429252532c4769c9194.jpg

#138 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

My take on this is that the intention of the regulation is to ensure you have two independant means of closing ALL throttles so that if one thing fails, the other can still return the car to idle and prevent a jammed-open throttle situation. In my case running twin SU's, just two springs (one on each carb) always gets me through scrutineering, I've never had to fit two springs to each carb. In your case, you seem to have two springs operating on a single throttle shaft - if just one of these springs will return all 6 carbs to closed, it should be right,

I've had one scrutineer query mine a few years back, I demonstrated by disconnecting each spring one at a time, the car returned to idle with just one spring and the scrut was happy.

Having said that, I always carry a stash of very lightweight springs that I can throw on in an emergency, you never know how they are going to interpret the regulations  ::)

#139 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

As a scrutineer i prefer to see two independant springs, that will enable the return to closed of throttle plate.

Some will contend that there are two mousetrap springs per Weber carb, yes, when new, but what about ability to visually inspect, you cant! So, yes, two external springs.

SU type carbs have small springs tucked under, again hard to see, if tangs or spring ends are broken/missing.

Recently in Qld, we had a competitor pass away post a track incident.
His engine was heard at high rpm, his front brakes were observed locked on, he speared off track, at speed into a fende. His neck was broken, and cardiac arrest ensue.
This matter is now under investigation. The car was fitted with twin sidedfaft type carbs.

Just fit a cou two obvious springs, independant of whatever is inside your carbs/induction, with some working ability, to keep all happy !

#140 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Thanks guys. So I'll add two external springs from the throttle wheel back to the valve cover, hopefully that should be enough to get me through. I'll take some spares along too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users