Paul

#42 peter mc

peter mc

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

there is lots of places to stay on the island , all not to far from the track  ... you have to come over mate

#43 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

You can pretty much rent any building on the whole island.

#44 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I probably not even going to bother with the track day - I'll do the Nav run instead :)

#45 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

8 Months to go, this thread is going to get a beating, how many hits will it get befor the Nationals get under way?

#46 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

All the lovely accomodation places realise it is a long weekend, and ramp up prices. When the V8's and the bikes are on, they triple room rates.

The All Seasons Eco Tourist Resort has a few multi bedroom units, good way to share costs, another place in Ventnor, Alvina Cottages has same multi bedroom cottages.

#47 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Didn't Gav mention his mum bought a place down there to rent out?
How many blokes and Z's can it fit?

#48 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Didn't Gav mention his mum bought a place down there to rent out?
How many blokes and Z's can it fit?

Yep, she just bought a place for renting out so if you guys are interested drop me an email gavindoolan (at) gmail dot com and will see if we can organise something for you. Not sure how many people it would hold or how many cars, but I recall a double lock up garage in pics (could be wrong!) and a driveway.

I'm not sure if it's ready for rent just yet but by the Nationals it should be anyway. Will see what I can do about getting a good price for you guys also.

#49 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm driving my ass down from Canberra, probly towing it down, a long way to go if I break it lol.  Can't wait.

Canberrans, keep an eye on our section of the forums, I'll be posting soonish about a good accommodation deal

#50 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Tagline:James

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'll do the drive down from the Gold Coast, it's a decent run but it's going to be worth it.

Fkn pumped to drive the Island and meet up with you southerners.

As for trophys, as long as I win the "wtf is this guy doing?!" award I'm happy.

#51 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I probably not even going to bother with the track day - I'll do the Nav run instead :)

Big Girly Blouse!!!!!!!! :-*

I'm sure you'll find time to do both Lurch and scare a few people with your standard 240  ;D

I won't have a car ready by then, or maybe will, depending on what happens in the next couple of days I maybe a gentleman of leisure for a couple of months......

And for the general discussion, I'm sure the event will be brilliant, even if not everyone will be happy due to too many or not enough bits of plastic.....

#52 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'll do the drive down from the Gold Coast, it's a decent run but it's going to be worth it.

Fkn pumped to drive the Island and meet up with you southerners.

As for trophys, as long as I win the "wtf is this guy doing?!" award I'm happy.

You wouldnt want to get in on a group car transporter deal by any chance?

#53 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

You wouldnt want to get in on a group car transporter deal by any chance?

I did consider it and do know a guy with a truck and car carrier, if you like I can look into it?

My main thing is having a car for down there + spares/tools.

#54 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Even if you drive down with spares and tools, shipping the car down with a full truck is still easier. The drive without the trailer is nicer, and you can add a couple of days going back or heading down as a holiday to keep the better half on side.

When I had just moved to Brisvegas and raced at Lakeside to support the supertourers in 2000, the car was till in Sydney. We shipped it up on the truck with the others coming north and the guys drove up in the service ute with the spares. It made for a much nicer journey than towing and even with the cost of shipping included I was still in front than if I paid for fuel towing the car up.

#55 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

With all the super sprint guys up here in Qld ( some 20 or so at each round) there should be heaps of keen "gunna doits" !
Along with those not involved with the Z club and the sprints.
What about getting discussion going and hiring a 7 car transporter, drop off and pick up at one location, PI track is the easy part, bit harder is getting 7 cars all at one time to a Brisbane depot.

Toll Logistics, CEVA Logistics, these guys get used a lot by the Variety bash car rally guys, this year they are transporting some 80 cars from nth WA back to NSW

Then, you would drive a regular joe car down, with two or three others in the car, couple of those, and saves rhe hassle of trailering  7 cars , the 2000 kms .
Oops, i can see it now, all too hard to arrange.
BTW how many from QLD will be going???
As opposed to the "gunners".

Me, i'd be looking at trailering, as i am waiting on dates for the Phillip Island Classic Historic meet, which should be on a couple wedkends prior?

#56 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I did consider it and do know a guy with a truck and car carrier, if you like I can look into it?

My main thing is having a car for down there + spares/tools.

Yeah I definitely think that it's worth getting a rough figure. For me drop off in Melbourne would be preferable to PI.

#57 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Myself and a share driver will be going plus another team mate if he's allowed to bring a skyline :P

I'm going to attempt to get Dusty and Cam on board, with Richard? and D3coy that's possibly 6 cars.

A lot of guys are doing the P.I reg in august so Im assuming those ones wont do another trip.

I'll still drive down in the ute and I'm sure Dusty and Cam would do the same so some seats should be available to hitch a ride if you wanna road trip.

So essentially it could work out cost efficient so I will make some calls get an estimate per car and go from there.

I'll start another thread in the QLD section when I have some news so were not cluttering up this one.

#58 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Good stuff!

#59 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yep, she just bought a place for renting out so if you guys are interested drop me an email gavindoolan (at) gmail dot com and will see if we can organise something for you. Not sure how many people it would hold or how many cars, but I recall a double lock up garage in pics (could be wrong!) and a driveway.

I'm not sure if it's ready for rent just yet but by the Nationals it should be anyway. Will see what I can do about getting a good price for you guys also.

Hey guys,
I spoke to my mum last night about the property in Phillip Island and there is now details up on stayz.com.au for anyone interested.

http://www.stayz.com.au/113513

Looks like it could host a lot of people, I wasn't able to find out anything re: discounts yet as she is going through a real estate agent for bookings but let me know if anyone is interested and I can try and look in to it for you.

#60 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm interested Gav, plus I hope to have a 'navigator' as well, don't want to drive down by myself with a trailer. Important that there is plenty of off street parking suitable for trailers and food etc is not faraway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users