263 replies to this topic

#21 peter mc

peter mc

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

fastest 4 6 8 and overall fastest zed time grand champ , we have to go faster than  Kev , 1.38 at the island

#22 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lets not get bogged down in the details just yet suffice to say that we will be endeavouring to make the classes as fare and equitable as possible.

Alan

Who cares about the trophies, If you really must have one then go to a trophy shop and have one made for $20, it's not hard.

Let's just get on the track!!

#23 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Who cares about the trophies, If you really must have one then go to a trophy shop and have one made for $20, it's not hard.

Let's just get on the track!!

+1
Anyway. We all know mines bigger  ;)

#24 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

The way I always look at it is, compare your apples with the same apples, if you can beat them then good job. Not NA with turbo etc. the NDSOC no there stuff. The classes will be right. Bearing in mind you can not cater for every single modification , not everyone gets a trophie. Just be happy to be there with all your mates and enjoy the day. Like Bluerat says if you want a trophie that bad , just bring one with you. Cheers.

#25 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Or aim for one of the "non-competitive" trophies - I got the "Menace to Society" one at the last Nationals  ;D

Still not sure if it was for running over and destroying another competitor's helmet with my Hilux, or for arriving at Goulburn with the entire contents of the sump all over the trailer and dripping onto the highway  :-[

#26 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

fastest 4 6 8 and overall fastest zed time grand champ , we have to go faster than  Kev , 1.38 at the island

Who is Kev? Anyway that is too quick so I vote to ban Kev  :P

#27 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Biting the bullet and am getting a tow car, FG Falcon probably, plus a trailer. Want to go to Eastern Creek and Bathurst some time too. Thought about hiring a tow vehicle setup which would be the second choice. You?

Don't know I would like to give the L34 a run at the island though. It's a big drive even with a tow car I might just get it shipped down and then fly to meet it. That way I have something to drive around down there too! Maybe if we got enough cars together we could book a whole truck out and get a good rate?
My mate gets his Ferrari 360 shipped around a bit and it's about to come over from WA so I'm going to hit him and see who he uses.

#28 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Good idea Jake, I'm sure there will be a few cars coming from QLD, be interesting to see how much it would cost.

#29 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

We can get them all dropped off at Les's for a last minute southern tune too haha!  ;D

#30 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Tagline:Brap Brap Brap

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

I asked a perfectly reasonable question about which SuperSprint rules were likely to be used (so I can start getting my car sorted) and suddenly this has turned into a criticism of people chasing trophies.

IMO this is exactly the piss poor attitude regularly shown on these forums.  Any opportunity to have a crack at someone or go on a witch-hunt is enjoyed by many on here.  There are plenty of examples, the increasing engine torque thread which got heavily moderated, the number of times Peter Mac has threatened to never post again, etc.

It’s a sad reflection on all of us (as members of these forums) that this place is so harsh.

*Puts on Flame-suit*
Flame away and prove me right.  ;)

#31 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Bede, and others, and most of you will have little idea, but, not surprisingly, the "rules" and the classes, for each of the Nationals that have been run for the last dozen or so years , get changed, they evolve into what each year event organiser feels and thinks will be best fit, to suit the huge array of potential cars that may turn up.

To adopt a particular Australian State Super Sprint series class rules, can be too limiting, due to our specific car types, ie in , say,  a CAMS Sports cars 2B class 2000 to 3500cc the field will be huge!

In 2009 the Qld mob semi adopted the previous Nationals classes, combined a bit of generic SuperSprint classes, and then whacked in some extras.
The idea there was to have just a handfull in each and every class, so that pretty well everyone got to take home a bit of shiny plastic/wood/tin/glass. Of the 80 or so at the track day, some 30 awards were made, and at the show shine, of 170 cars, some 20 awards were given out.
There were many happy people.

Come 2013, the organisers will no doubt evolve and come up with a structure, but, dont expect to be advised as to what and how in the short term. Qld hadnt set theirs until two months pre event!
To run a Nats, there is a whole heap of stuff to be dine, and it pretty much is all done by a very small core group of volunteer enthusiasts, so, dont panic, no doubt they will come up with something!

#32 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Tagline:Brap Brap Brap

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Jason, I'm happy to wait for the Categories/Classes (and I certainly understand why I have to wait and the effort put in by organisers), I'm just disappointed with the reaction on here to me asking the question...

#33 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

What's wrong with chasing trophies?  ;D

Sounds like a comment from someone with a slow car hahaha! (Not you Dazda)

#34 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Bede,,, hmm yes, i see what you did there !!!

Yes you are pretty spot on re the Keyboard Warrior type, a far cry from when Shintaro was roaming the wastelands of Edo, with his Samurai buddies, no hiding behind the flatscreen then, it was balls deep, as they jumped upwards and backwards to hide in a room corner, waiting for Ninja moment.

Todayit would seem that on odd occaision we fly the USS Keyboard, and sprout forth.
Take it with a grain of salt, thats all we can do.
You think this site has a few on here, well, dont think of heading over to Performance Forums, they gearbox everyone!

#35 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

See Dazda..... Now you've sent Jason off on one of his Yoda type resonses. Yoda or drugs..... can't be sure  ;D

But,
I dare say, common sense will prevail. As Jason said, 2,000cc - 3,500cc just wont work. Then theres modern and classic, let alone forced induction.
Set your car up to how you want it. Cos at the end of the day, we're there to have fun!

#36 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ah, Simon!
You forgot my preffered brew
AVGAS !!

I decanted the tank in the 120Y this morning!
3/4" jiggler siphon and three x 20 lt drums later,,,,
Hows the song go,,
"i'm walking on sunshine,,,,,,,"

#37 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't care what the classes are, my car is already built and I'm just looking forward to the Nationals thing and trying to do good laps around Phillip Island  :D

#38 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

I totaly agree with 260DET.

#39 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Oh and Jase, I still have 10 litres of the old high lead dark green Avgas tucked away in the shed, I'll bring it with me along with a couple of old 62's for the 'Y

#40 peter mc

peter mc

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't care what class I'm in as long as i get to drive at the island , its a magic place , going flat out in to Honda is so much fun .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users