Lurch

2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

Guys -an update on the 2013 Nationals

Detailed event program and costing in progress

Saturday P.I Sprint - secured

Presentation Dinner venue - secured

I am current working with the Bass Council to secure the Cowes foreshore for the Show n Shine (200 cars turned up for 2007 so we may need more room)

For those looking for accommodation, many of the NDSOC Nationals "die hards" including regulars from the Sydnay Z club will staying here:-

Ramada Eco Resort

http://www.ramadaphillipisland.com.au/

Reasonably priced and plenty of trailer parking

cheers

Alan

+1 for Ramada - it's Willy Wonka approved!

Any idea as to event pricing yet Alan?

Probably out of the organisers hands but last time there was a fair delay in getting the cars scrutineered, which really cuts into track time. Hard on us interstaters, who rarely get to have a go there, standing around waiting..........

+1 for Ramada - it's Willy Wonka approved!

Any idea as to event pricing yet Alan?

G'day Lochy

We are still getting costs together at this early stage and are very conscious of keeping entree fees to an affordable level and to what is sustainable (so the NDSOC does not go broke in the process.)

General entry similar to that of the 2007 event which will include an entry pack and entry to the Show n Shine event.

Options will include entry the Friday welcome BBQ,Saturday Sprint (approx $200) Sunday  presentation dinner,Nav rallye and possibly a Trivia/Auction night on the Sat night (if we can find a cost free venue) .

We do not have all the costs in as yet (council permits, event merchandise, sponsors etc) so we are probably around 8-10 weeks away from firming up prices and printing entry forms.

There is still a great deal of work to be done however we will get there and it will be sure to be a sebsational event and be bigger than the 2007 Nats

cheers

Alan

Probably out of the organisers hands but last time there was a fair delay in getting the cars scrutineered, which really cuts into track time. Hard on us interstaters, who rarely get to have a go there, standing around waiting..........

Scrutineering at the 2007 event was outsourced -whilst we do our best do get all the cars through ASAP we still get held up by a number of first timers who are not familar with presenting cars to the scrutineers- no matter how much information we provide  people still turn up with a car full of crap- spare tyres, glove box full etc ....................all this stuff holds up proceedings.

We will be doing our best to ensure people are better prepared and that we have more scruineers on hand.

On saying that we had trouble filling grids by the end of the day with some having five runs ......so I'd say the majority of entrants got their monies worth

Al.

Depending on getting approvals from outside sources, i will look to book a 3 bedroom villa at Ramada resort.

Yes Wolly Winka fully approved, so says Pete Mac and Lurch, with added entertainments provided by Madz.

And, all things going well i should be racing at the VHRR Classic, two weeks prior.

Big road trip, again!

Simon

General entry fee will hopefully be somewhere around $80 depending upon sponsors and cost of permits and cost of merchandise

Options at extra cost

Friday night Welcome BBQ - cost TBD

P.I track day will be approx $200 (or just under depending upon final costs)

Presentation dinner approx $70 (three course dinner and drinks)

Don't hold me to these numbers as they are estimates at this early stage

Al.

Quick question which may of been answered already.

For licensing is it CAMS or AASA?

Quick question which may of been answered already.

For licensing is it CAMS or AASA?

PI? It will be CAMS

L2S (the basic type)

Quick question for Alan,

For the "one dayers" that may consider entering, will NDSOC consider issuing "one day" L2S licences?

As Jason has said L2S Cams license is required for P.I

(AASA lisences may be accepted but will have to wait until the sup regs are issued to confirm)

We issued 1 day licenses at the 2007 event ......I'll have to check with our Comp sec and let you know if we will be doing this again

cheers

Alan

Due to family commitments if I was to come to this I would only be able to attend the track day. If I was to come to this would I be able just to get the merchandise and a spot in the track day or do I have to sign up to the full fixture to do the track day?

Ango, Alan might want to correct me, but the track day is like any other track day, you pay for the track day as a one day event. Merchandise will be a basic kit , and there will be extra stuff if you want at an added cost. I'm sure Alan will fill in all the details as they come to hand. But yes you can do the track day on its own.

IF ?? The track day component is available separate to the "rest" of event, and it gets over subscribed by those just wanting to do the trackday only, which may mean those wishing/entering more or the rest/whole of event, could not preference be given to those entering the whole of event, and then permitting any trackday entrants to "fill up" the field, in order to pay for the track hire component?

It'd be a bit of a bugger for interstatets to enter the "whole/rest" of event, and not be able to run the track sessions, especially us far northeners!!

IIRC the track day is available..... if you pay entry for the full weekend  :) Last time we got a show bag with some cool gear in it. There's also the show and shine was just as much fun as the track day I thought.

As Jason said, I think it's to ensure the track day is available to fully entered people.

Guys

To clarify what has occured in the past (for all Natioanls events that I have attended since 1993)

The base entry will cover the welcome BBQ on the Friday evening, a show bag of goodies, the Saturday Nav Rally and the Sunday Show n Shine event.

The track day will be one of optional extras on top of the base Nationals Entry fee ...ie. you must enter the Nationals event and add the track day on as an event option (same Sunday night presentation dinner, etc)  ...........weather you actually attend the Sunday event is up to you.

The track days are always over subcribed so it is unfare to offer those as a seperate entry as those wanting to attend the entire event may be disadvantaged and miss out .

cheers

Alan

Any Q'landers interested in doing an accomodation group booking? Just an idea at present, I have nothing firm in mind.

From NDSOC:

Hi Everyone, Understandably we are getting a lot of enquiries about Nationals. We finally got the track agreement over Christmas so we can now have the supp regs to CAMS and more importantly, out to you all for entries. It IS definitely a 75db day, you do need a CAMS licence and it won't be long before we have entries out. Now this is confirmed the council (once back from leave) can finalise our road closure for the concours/show and shine and everything is booked. We hope the entries for the event will not be too far away so please bear with us. If you have any questions, want to know anything, contact nationals@ndsoc.com.au and Karyn will get back to you.

Cheers!