2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

C.A.R.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is Phillip Island track now on"quiet" meetings, like Sandown?

News to me!

Sandown i understand, they get four or five "noisy" meetings a year, ie full race meets, the rest are "quiet" things like supersprints.

At PI meetings in past, there are strict controls for no race engines to be started prior to, or after a certain time, due to disturbing the sleepin/rooting fairy penguins.

75db will get rid of any exciting interesting cars that may have been considering this.

I'm out in any case!

• Moderators

At PI meetings in past, there are strict controls for no race engines to be started prior to, or after a certain time, due to disturbing the sleepin/rooting fairy penguins.

75db will get rid of any exciting interesting cars that may have been considering this.

I'm out in any case!

Hahahaha...

They will most likely be treating this as a club sprint so we will have to turn down any entrants wishing to run any F5000's or ultra quick little roadsters that I would've loved to see but oh well.

Anyone interested in going down in Convoy from Melbourne?

I'll be likely trucking the car to a friend in Melbourne and then driving down around lunch time on Thursday. Would make a long slow trip a bit of fun.

I vote whoever has the most accurate GPS gets to lead the group tho - I almost had a heart attack in '07 trying to stay under 80 through that never ending point-to-point speed camera!!!

This is obviously something that I have no great idea about, but from my last trip I recall there is really only 1 way to get to PI once you're outside Melbourne - so perhaps a meet at a truck stop on (princess?) highway just outside town is the way to go?

There's cranbourne bunnings, that's a big shopping area with heaps of car parks. Might be a good starting point, it usually where the NDSOC meet before going to the historics at Phillip island.

Anyone interested in going down in Convoy from Melbourne?

Me Rikey!

NDSOC are pleased to announce that Phillip Island will play host to the 2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals on March 29th to 31st, 2013. The Island and its surrounds areas have much to offer and with many different types of accommodation, something can be found for all entrants.

The schedule is;

Friday March 29th

2-5pm - Registration/Check-in Bass Rooms, Ramada Resort Phillip Island, 2128 Phillip Island Road, Phillip Island. Come and grab your Nationals pack and say hello, gather any additional information before heading to your accommodation to unpack and unwind.

6:30pm - Welcome barbeque, Bass Rooms, Ramada Resort Phillip Island. Here you get to catch up with faces from Goulburn in 2011 or meet many new ones in a relaxed atmosphere.

Saturday March 30th

7am -5pm - Nationals Sprint and Regularity, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. Arguably one of the nation’s fastest and most respected tracks, the day will be spent with fellow Nissan / Datsun’s stretching their legs. There will be a regularity class for those who want to be part of the event but not put too much strain on their car, however places are limited for this class.

Dorian timing devices will be used & is included in your entry cost.

There will be a familiarisation session for your first run out on the track.

You will need a CAMS Level 2S licence as a minimum and must be a member of a CAMS affiliated club to compete.

Please note the day is a 75dba day.

There will also be a professional photographer there to capture you in action.

Or

Country Drive through Phillip Island and surrounding areas. For those who want to explore the regions along some amazing roads, then this drive is for you. There will be navigational directions, questions to answer which will keep everyone occupied on the trip with prizes awarded at the presentation dinner.

Sunday March 31st

9am-3pm - Concours / Show and Shine , The Esplanade, Cowes. The day many have been waiting for. Held along the Esplanade against a glorious backdrop, here you will find some amazing vehicles. Cars will be in place from approx 9:30 -3pm. Please note you cannot move your vehicle during this time.

There will be a shuttle bus, which will run from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm so that you can visit some of the attractions in the surrounding areas.

6:30pm - Presentation Dinner Continental Hotel, the Esplanade, Cowes. Re-live the weekends events and cheer the award winners from the Track day, Concours, Show and Shine, Drive and much more. There will be raffles, giveaways and a fabulous night is ensured. Find out who is the recipient of the Robert Shannon Memorial Award, (Z Nationals Champion) and the 2013 Nationals Champion.

For all enquiries, please contact nationals@ndsoc.com.au

Entry Forms:

http://www.ndsoc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2013-Nationals-Official-Entry.pdf

Track day supp regs uploaded shortly.

Well that entry form is as clear as mud.  ???

I gather I can select whichever options from the list I want?  OR is it that, if you don't select the 'Nationals Package' then you must select the 'Basic Package' and then add whichever options you want as extras to the 'Basic Package'?