2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

C.A.R.

I probably not even going to bother with the track day - I'll do the Nav run instead :)

Big Girly Blouse!!!!!!!! :-*

I'm sure you'll find time to do both Lurch and scare a few people with your standard 240  ;D

I won't have a car ready by then, or maybe will, depending on what happens in the next couple of days I maybe a gentleman of leisure for a couple of months......

And for the general discussion, I'm sure the event will be brilliant, even if not everyone will be happy due to too many or not enough bits of plastic.....

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do the drive down from the Gold Coast, it's a decent run but it's going to be worth it.

Fkn pumped to drive the Island and meet up with you southerners.

As for trophys, as long as I win the "wtf is this guy doing?!" award I'm happy.

You wouldnt want to get in on a group car transporter deal by any chance?

You wouldnt want to get in on a group car transporter deal by any chance?

I did consider it and do know a guy with a truck and car carrier, if you like I can look into it?

My main thing is having a car for down there + spares/tools.

Even if you drive down with spares and tools, shipping the car down with a full truck is still easier. The drive without the trailer is nicer, and you can add a couple of days going back or heading down as a holiday to keep the better half on side.

When I had just moved to Brisvegas and raced at Lakeside to support the supertourers in 2000, the car was till in Sydney. We shipped it up on the truck with the others coming north and the guys drove up in the service ute with the spares. It made for a much nicer journey than towing and even with the cost of shipping included I was still in front than if I paid for fuel towing the car up.

With all the super sprint guys up here in Qld ( some 20 or so at each round) there should be heaps of keen "gunna doits" !

Along with those not involved with the Z club and the sprints.

What about getting discussion going and hiring a 7 car transporter, drop off and pick up at one location, PI track is the easy part, bit harder is getting 7 cars all at one time to a Brisbane depot.

Toll Logistics, CEVA Logistics, these guys get used a lot by the Variety bash car rally guys, this year they are transporting some 80 cars from nth WA back to NSW

Then, you would drive a regular joe car down, with two or three others in the car, couple of those, and saves rhe hassle of trailering  7 cars , the 2000 kms .

Oops, i can see it now, all too hard to arrange.

BTW how many from QLD will be going???

As opposed to the "gunners".

Me, i'd be looking at trailering, as i am waiting on dates for the Phillip Island Classic Historic meet, which should be on a couple wedkends prior?

I did consider it and do know a guy with a truck and car carrier, if you like I can look into it?

My main thing is having a car for down there + spares/tools.

Yeah I definitely think that it's worth getting a rough figure. For me drop off in Melbourne would be preferable to PI.

Myself and a share driver will be going plus another team mate if he's allowed to bring a skyline :P

I'm going to attempt to get Dusty and Cam on board, with Richard? and D3coy that's possibly 6 cars.

A lot of guys are doing the P.I reg in august so Im assuming those ones wont do another trip.

I'll still drive down in the ute and I'm sure Dusty and Cam would do the same so some seats should be available to hitch a ride if you wanna road trip.

So essentially it could work out cost efficient so I will make some calls get an estimate per car and go from there.

I'll start another thread in the QLD section when I have some news so were not cluttering up this one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yep, she just bought a place for renting out so if you guys are interested drop me an email gavindoolan (at) gmail dot com and will see if we can organise something for you. Not sure how many people it would hold or how many cars, but I recall a double lock up garage in pics (could be wrong!) and a driveway.

I'm not sure if it's ready for rent just yet but by the Nationals it should be anyway. Will see what I can do about getting a good price for you guys also.

Hey guys,

I spoke to my mum last night about the property in Phillip Island and there is now details up on stayz.com.au for anyone interested.

http://www.stayz.com.au/113513

Looks like it could host a lot of people, I wasn't able to find out anything re: discounts yet as she is going through a real estate agent for bookings but let me know if anyone is interested and I can try and look in to it for you.

I'm interested Gav, plus I hope to have a 'navigator' as well, don't want to drive down by myself with a trailer. Important that there is plenty of off street parking suitable for trailers and food etc is not faraway.

Cowes is the larger of the towns on the Island and not too far from the track, so I would suggest there.  I do know of a decent flat/ located in Cowes (its actually at a timber yard, but a good, secure place to stay with parking). I have the contacts if anyone is interested.  It would sleep quite a few people too.

Yeah from memory it has a lot of room for cars and the gate is locked at night too.  It would have to be confirmed if they are happy for all those cars to be there, but I can't see it being a problem.

Beer, yes and John would probably join you haha.

Easte!

The accom places will jack their prices up, like they do for "special events"weekends.

I got in very early for the Historic meet last March, booked a place at 140 a night, , and now got same pace again for 120 a night for the 6 hour event in a couple weeks time. At the Ramade Resort, very deluxe, and flash joint too!

At least, if i get desperate, i can sleep in my Transvestite Van!

• 3 weeks later...

oh dear, the minds of the warped are but effusive!!!

Guysm a heads up, the VHRR ( Victorian Hysteric Racing mob) have set the dates for the big classic race meeting, for, March 7/8/9/10, with the AGP the following weekend, and the Nissan Nats on the weekend after!

Any wanting to get a little more track action at PI, could do well to consider entering the Regularity divisions of the VHRR Classic event, plenty of track time, over the three days of competition, and gives you an "eye in" for the Nats!