2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

C.A.R.

887053-futurama___farnsworth.jpg

Good news everyone!

The NDSOC committee have secured Phillip Island for the 2013 Nationals, format at this stage will be the same as 2007

Commencing Friday 29th March 2013

Good Friday - registration and welcome BBQ (evening)

Sat - P.I Sprint (with a navigation rally/cruise for those not into track stuff)

Sunday Concourse along the Cowes foreshore .

Monday - fareweel breakfast

A big thanks to the the hard work put in by Karyn (VP NDSOC) for negotiating with P.I management.

The NDSOC will now be putting a subcommittee together to start on the detailed planning of the event (there is much to do in the next 10 months), for anyone wanting to assist please contact Alan (260Coupe) on here.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i now need is for VHRR to announce the PI Classic Historic meet is to be held the weekend before!

Two events, at same track, a week apart.

Yippe ki yay!

;D

Fingers crossed!

As soon as there is word from the VHRR I'll be booking a truck and some plane tickets

How are you getting your car down there Richard?

Biting the bullet and am getting a tow car, FG Falcon probably, plus a trailer. Want to go to Eastern Creek and Bathurst some time too. Thought about hiring a tow vehicle setup which would be the second choice. You?

All i now need is for VHRR to announce the PI Classic Historic meet is to be held the weekend before!

Two events, at same track, a week apart.

Yippe ki yay!

280Z I hope, then again the Dartsun sporty will be a big target for us T boys seeing it is supposed to be so quick :D

280Z I hope, then again the Dartsun sporty will be a big target for us T boys seeing it is supposed to be so quick :D

What did i do in 2011 or 2010

1.53's ?

Should see of Brian Henderson might bring hos Grp T Dato 2000 along for the double header too!

• Administrators

My mum just bought a place down in P.I and will using it as a holiday rental. So if anyone wants accommodation let me know. I'll be helping with the website soon.

Is there any indication which Vehicle Eligibility Rules will be used for the SuperSprint?  For the 2011 Datsun Nationals I believe the NSW SuperSprint Championship  (NSWSSC) ones were used.

Now I'm sure everyone will shout at me saying the Victorian ones since it's being held in Victoria in 2013.  The thing is, the VSSC Vehicle Eligibility Rules are very different to the NSWSSC ones.

NSW:

http://www.supersprints.com.au/rules-and-regulations/  - Website

http://www.supersprints.com.au/rules-and-regulations/2012/2012%20Vehicle%20Regs%20Provisional.pdf  - Vehicle Regs

VIC:

http://www.vssc.com.au/entry_forms.htm  - Website

http://www.vssc.com.au/Microsoft_Word__VSSC_Technical_Regulations_2012.pdf  - Vehicle Regs

For example; the brakes are 'free' for Category/Type 2 in VIC but only the brake linings and rotors are free (provided that the diameters of the rotors

are not increased) in NSW...

With the Datsun Nationals obviously NOT being a round of any State SuperSprint Championship, I don't believe there is a requirement to follow any specific State SuperSprint Championship Vehicle Eligibility Rules.  In other words, the organisers can choose.  In theory they could pick QLD ones (I assume there is a set) if they wanted to...

I would assume that the Nationals would use the class rulings as the MSCA events down here.

But may be more Nissan Datsun specific. ie- Roadsters, Z's, Skylines, Silvia's not being mixed. But what about stock and race? ???

260coupe, Al, could clarify this?

In Q as far as I know both CAMS and AASA sprints are all about getting like cars together without getting anal about it. AASA basically goes on engine cylinders with turbos up one class, road registered or not and tyres, slicks or not. AWD's in a class of their own. That seems to work pretty well, it's certainly easy to understand which is important.

On the subject of classes, (just talking Zeds now)  the capacity rules will apply as Gordon has indicated with a 1.7 multiplier for forced induction cars as per previous years and have standard, modified and race.

At this stage we will be running Zed only classes (as apposed to the shamozzle at the last Nats where classes where totally screwed and it seemed that trophies were handed out willy nilly) .......so not to loose the "Zed Nationals heritage" as well as classes for all other marques

The general criteria will be limited mods for standard (carbs and exhaust permited)

Modified-  including engine retrofits, R series tyres, coil overs etc, but basically still a road registered car

Race - speaks for itself.

These would then be applied across the model range.........previously we have awarded trophies for standard 240/260/280/300, modified 240/260/280 yaddah yaddah however this becomes an administrative nghtmare with too many trophies and often not enough cars in all classes to justify....................so ...........depending upon the number of entries we may split these into classic Z (240/260/280) and modern (Z31-Z32 33 etc)  stand, mod and race

This is a fairly complex task and can lead to a lot of angst so a lot of thought will need to go into this with consideration of the entry list.

Simon this would be a good role for you to assist with when it comes the time  ;D

cheers

Al.

Obviously the aim is for as many people as possible to have a run and have fun.  The problem is, generally vehicle rules are so grey.  If someone puts a standard unmodified L26 or L28 into a standard 240Z does that mean you have to run in the 'Modified' cars that are engineered/registered road cars with modern engines??

I’m really not that fussed, despite how my posts may seem.  I’m just trying to make sure any minor improvements I make to my car (for example, new seats or TCAs, etc) don’t suddenly change which category I’m in.  So knowing the likely vehicle rules now will help me decide what (if any) changes to make.

There is a whole can of worms here if you want to start talking sprint classes so I have kept it at a high level.

Sprint Cartegories will be published well before the event however to be realistic, there are very few absolutely standard early Zeds around so we allow some mods, again these will be detailed in the sub regs and as early as possible.

Any questions/decisions around class eligibility will be will be assessed by the competion secretary as the entry is submitted.

Lets not get bogged down in the details just yet suffice to say that we will be endeavouring to make the classes as fare and equitable as possible.

Alan 

Why not keep it simple guy's, buy one good trophy and make it worth winning...simple 'Fastest Datsun'. No arguments, if it goes to an RB, FJ or Ls powered Zed, or a SR, Rotary powered 1600 or a 1Jz(Whatever) powered 1200 ute so be it and a very well done to them.

Lets not get bogged down in the details just yet suffice to say that we will be endeavouring to make the classes as fare and equitable as possible.

Alan

Who cares about the trophies, If you really must have one then go to a trophy shop and have one made for $20, it's not hard.

Let's just get on the track!!

The way I always look at it is, compare your apples with the same apples, if you can beat them then good job. Not NA with turbo etc. the NDSOC no there stuff. The classes will be right. Bearing in mind you can not cater for every single modification , not everyone gets a trophie. Just be happy to be there with all your mates and enjoy the day. Like Bluerat says if you want a trophie that bad , just bring one with you. Cheers.

Or aim for one of the "non-competitive" trophies - I got the "Menace to Society" one at the last Nationals  ;D

Still not sure if it was for running over and destroying another competitor's helmet with my Hilux, or for arriving at Goulburn with the entire contents of the sump all over the trailer and dripping onto the highway  :-[