31 replies to this topic

#21 RB26DETT

RB26DETT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

If you think you'd want another 240k two door down the track, my advise would be to sell your other car and keep this one. You will be lucky to find a second one and every man and his dog wants a two door 240k.

#22 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

If you think you'd want another 240k two door down the track, my advise would be to sell your other car and keep this one.

Ditto.
This one has done stuff-all mileage, it's not museum quality restored, so ideal to hang on to as a hobby car until things improve economically. Flog your daily driver!

#23 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Your original purchase price, may have been at a premium, based on "rarity"
The bits and pieces you have accquired, in general did cost you premium,
At$900 for a 240k box, that eas about $500 to much (i reco and sell them)

I'd strongly suggest you keep it, put the capital expenditure into it, carefully, drive it, enjoy the ownership, and in a few, or a lot, of years, maybe sell it.
You will not get back what you will have spent, no-one ever does, unless it is a super rare very unique and highly desired car, and the depressed world markets at present, are not a "sellers" market.

Your ask of 11k, if you have to sell, will more than likely be around 6k selling figure

I am working on a "granny spec" datsun 1600, original ask price, $15k, it finally sold, to a non-tyre kicker, who was only prepared to offer $5k. That seems to be pretty well the price for a granny 1600. Your 240k will be the same.

Money back? I am reluctantly selling some cars, their cost to restore them is high, eg my Z, cost 60k, asking 45k, it is a specific use car, a little unique, and in Australia, it is extremely rare, in fact, it is the only one, of this particular Nissan model ( Ex USA import variant)

#24 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Here you go - http://www.ozdat.com...hp?f=54&t=28687

Risky ? Possibly, although I know of a few that have gone overseas without dramas.

May be a chance to get your asking figure. Personally, I tend to agree with the above comments. Stuff like NSW rego / shipping / flights - they were a cost to you, not something that increases the car's value.

They may even lower the price someone is willing to pay, if they are interstate and have to pay for their own shipping to get the car back to them for instance.

#25 GTR240

GTR240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

The car is sold for close to the asking price; it’s gone to a new owner who I know will do this car the justice it deserves!
For the purists wondering what his plans will be:
Full bare metal restoration
JDM fender mirrors
JDM grill
JDM steering wheel
L28 and manual box with LSD diff.
And that is it, so everyone will be happy to know that the body will not be going into surgery for the GTR treatment.
On another note, he didn’t take the gearbox, so I have a manual g/box with all ancillary parts and I’m asking $550 not negotiable and i'm not separating the parts, I’m located in Sydney. If you’re serious then PM me, I don’t want stories about how I’m asking too much or that your cousins dogs sister knows a guy who can get it cheaper!

#26 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well done on the sale, just goes to show you, a car is worth what some one is willing to pay. This guy has a vision, just like you had. Sounds like he will enjoy the car, and everyone is happy. Cheers.

#27 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I guess there is an important lesson here for all of us. We shouldn't discount what something is worth until the market has had time to validate our theories to us :).

Is the car remaining in the country or going far away to another land, perhaps the middle east?

#28 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'll eat my words. Well done.

#29 RB26DETT

RB26DETT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Good condition 240k two door are actually harder to find then 240z !!! Well done on the fast sale.

#30 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

Good condition 240k two door are actually harder to find then 240z !!! Well done on the fast sale.

Not a surprise at all, there are practically none left anymore. They were all scrapped in the 80's and 90's.

#31 GTR240

GTR240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I guess there is an important lesson here for all of us. We shouldn't discount what something is worth until the market has had time to validate our theories to us :).

Is the car remaining in the country or going far away to another land, perhaps the middle east?

Believe it or not the car is staying in Australia...In saying that, I did have A LOT of international interest...

#32 road rider

road rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Tagline:Life is like a bowl of hot soup.You need to be hot to get blown

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

I wonder what he would have got for the 240K today!

Guess he should have sold his daily driver!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users