WTB: R200 longnose 4.363 or 4.375 ring & pinion gear set

VegasZ31T

I would like to buy a good used ring & pinion gear set for a longnose R200 differential in either of the following ratios: 48:11 = 4.363, or 35:8 = 4.375.

I believe they were available in the S13 Silvia in your neck of the woods.

For shipment to Las Vegas NV.

Glad to pay via PayPal or other reliable means, or trade parts. I have a bunch of Z31 spare parts I am and will be selling on eBay in the USA.

S13 have short nose R200 or R180. The R30 and R31 Skylines JDM version have IRS with R200's most of the Australian Assembled R30/R31 have a solid axle. The common R30/R31 ratio is a 4.11 - the 4.375 is only used on the last of R31 JDM models and manual RB20DET versions if my memory is correct.

good to know Simon ;)

I think VegasZ31T might have meant to say a S12 - aka Gazelle now they have a longnose R180 or R200 fitted depending on the model/motor/trans setup.

I should one day make a list of what ratio is found in what car/engine combo - I have most of the info just need to sort it and put it in one place. aka if you want a 4.6 R200 then you need to find a Y31 aka Cima/Cedric or the SY31 (a Taxi model made right up to 99 IIRC) as most of these have that ratio in R200 longnose form.

• 2 weeks later...
I should one day make a list of what ratio is found in what car/engine combo

Thanks for your input. After some pushing NISMO USA is now able to order the 48:11 - 4.363:1 from Japan.

The closest think I have been able to find for available ratios across all models is the following info on LSD’s: http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/competition/lsd/pdf/lsd_price.pdf

But it still doesn't cover the higher numerical ratios.

For future planning do you know any source for R200 long nose r/p’s in the lower part of the 5.xx:1 range?

Info like that is impossible to get in the USA. And Nissan Australia has never returned any of my email inquiries. 

If you have a link to a list like the above on the available ratios I would be very grateful.

Thanks very much for all the feedback and info. I apparently put NISMO USA on the wrong track and the part number they came up with was indeed for a short nose.

So after a whole bunch of searching I believe (one of) the right ones is: Nissan Silvia BS12 86-88.3 CA18DET, 4.375 with 12mm ring gear bolts (aka in the US as 200 SX).

Would you guys agree?

4.375:1 is the most common HR31 final drive ratio. 4.1 and 4.6 are also available if you look however they are significantly harder to find.

really here in NZ it is the other away around with 4.11 easier to fine and the 4.375 hard to find. The 4.6 is the hardest to get hold of. The 4.11 is the common diff to the RB20E cars and that is why we have so many here in NZ a lot of the R31 JDM imports are RB20E powered. All of the RB20D models (aka DOHC) have the RC43 installed. I find 4 to 1 of 4.11 vs 4.375 here in NZ.

• 4 months later...

I am compiling a list of Nissan part numbers for R200 longnose ring & pinion sets.

The photobucket image below is what I have accumulated so far.

If you would be so kind as to add to the list, it would be most appreciated.

I will update it as new info becomes available.

The ratios are only guesses as to what might be available (see the link at the end for all possibilities).

If you also know the ring gear bolt size [Type 1 (10mm) or Type 2 (12mm)] that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

r200r-p_zps17a98980.jpg

Ratio Reference: http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledge ... le-137.htm

Thanks for the idea. It seems to be a 37/9 =4.111 R180. Or at least in the USA.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?ModelName=720%20Pickup&ModelYear=1984&ModelSeries=720&FileType=236&SelectConditions=(1%3dK%2fCAB%3b4%3dF5%3b5%3dLONG%3b6%3d4WD%3b)&ShowConditions=(1%3dK%2fCAB%3b4%3dF5%3b6%3d4WD%3b)&seeDesc=False&goBack=True&SectionNo=F&ComponentsNo=381