"The Midnight warrior"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you manage to get the rx8 seats to fit Scoota?.

Hope the photos i sent Vivek of mine helped. Was abit hard to explain over the phone. Its quite a straight foward install wonder why nobody else has done it yet. ;D

Did you manage to get the rx8 seats to fit Scoota?.

Hope the photos i sent Vivek of mine helped. Was abit hard to explain over the phone. Its quite a straight foward install wonder why nobody else has done it yet. ;D

Straight up Tai you sounded like a Dalek the connection was that bad. But as for the seats they are very, very easy to fit. Not much good if you're taller as they may not go back far enough. But i'd say under 5'11" ish should be ok! thanks for your help.

post-762-144023681827_thumb.jpg

Mark, youve touched on something rather important here...

I strongly suggest that all forum members born in the past 25 years, go and hire from your local video shop , Dr Who , (Tom Baker editions) of episode 1 , 1973 The making of the Daleks...

I cant believe this stuff is not taught in the modern education system of our schools.  >:(

Haha you got that right Scoota I got no idea of what  a Dalek is...i guess its like some kind of R2D2 robot?...might have to google it. :D

As for the Connection. i blame Vodafone...shocking i tell ya!!

How do you clean up the rust? Just a wire brush on a power drill? I am guessing that copper rich paint is much the same as zinc rich weld through primer? Love the work.

Cheers

Wire brush then spray with convertor, rinse and repeat. 95% is cut out the other 5% is treated. Yes the copper paint is a weld through primer, gives a great base and excellent welds. I like to take these right back and then start with a solid base.

Should be bullet proof!

Exciting times! Can't wait to see this back at Viv's house :)

Much more rust repair to go?

The hard work is done, bottom of the front gaurds, patch on the hatch, a little on the roof and quarters, new battery tray, some on the bonnet nose and not much more than that. Front flares need cutting, refit fuel tank, remove air con, refit all the lights, driver's side seat and um yea should be good to go. Mid to late August.

Need a flare fitting kit, electronic dizzy, give the engine a quick tune and the brake booster is leaking.

Paint floor in POR15 and a quick coat of satin black, he'll drive it home!

He has strut braces and a rear bobtail.

How did you pull the right rear quarter out? Also the car 100% has a blown head gasket and will only drive with the radiator cap loose. Would not recommend driving it any real distance. Also it's got an E30 head on it so make sure you run it on 98 or it will ping itself to bits.

How did you pull the right rear quarter out? Also the car 100% has a blown head gasket and will only drive with the radiator cap loose. Would not recommend driving it any real distance. Also it's got an E30 head on it so make sure you run it on 98 or it will ping itself to bits.

The right quarter was a lot easier to work with once the flare was cut out and welded, it added a lot of stability to that area. It only has the basic shape but Vivek has a friend who will be doing all the bodywork on the car. If there's enough hours left i could change over the gasket (maybe Peter Mac will be good enough to send me another one) because i think it would be a top little motor and i'm not fond of the idea of swapping it out for the L26!