S30Z Literature Link, Speedhunters, Petrolicious, Jalopnik Etc..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/08/1000hp-of-datsun-fury/

2+2 with 1036 Toyota horsepower 

Anybody know what application that radiator is for? It looks like at least the top inlet is the correct side for my application and I'd like to find an off the shelf rad that will fit my car with the correct inlets and outlet locations (opposite of stock S30 locations). So far I've been thinking about getting an eBay aluminum rad and modifying the inlet and outlet locations.

Anybody know what application that radiator is for?

Holden Commodore VT/VZ 6 cyl you have them in the USA  under the GM badge,

Edit Looks like I have clicked on a link not related to the post sorry cant delete it...

Edited by Linton

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that Hako skyline is running a 3 litre Robello engine... With an L20 surely it would get pumped by anything else on the track?

It is indeed an (L28-based) 3+ litre Rebello engine. Everybody has to *pretend* it's an L20(A), otherwise it wouldn't be able to take part. Never mind that these cars never raced in period with L20(A)s in such specs... ;)

• Administrators

Isn't it a genuine nostalgic/historic meeting, surely they scrutineer the cars up close and on paper?

I would've thought you'd have to tick all boxes in that regard to gain entry and if you didn't there'd be someone in line behind you with the correct car/papers to take your place.

Isn't it a genuine nostalgic/historic meeting, surely they scrutineer the cars up close and on paper?

I would've thought you'd have to tick all boxes in that regard to gain entry and if you didn't there'd be someone in line behind you with the correct car/papers to take your place.

It's a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma, or something....

I asked SCRAMP (the organisers of the Rolex Monterey Reunion events) about the eligibility of the car, and basically they said "he told us it's a genuine car...".

Anybody want to buy a Rolex? Just ignore the fact that it says 'Bolox' on the face...

Don't the people with 'real' historic race cars kick up a fuss, Or is this event full of these types of 'historic' race cars?

If I had the real deal I wouldn't like racing with imitation cars, I'd be risking a whole lot more if there was any potential incidents. Not to mention the fact the real cars could be viewed by the public as just a replica too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...