7 replies to this topic

#1 muscle66

muscle66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hi all,
I have a 260z, Ive had it now for about 3yrs,it's in resto with the body done (mostly) and all suspention and driveline except motor finnished...Interior still to go and an engine choice to decide on....3.1 ltr stroker sounds nice!! and a 5 stud wheel conversion if easy...any advice welcome guys!

Iv'e been in prof racing for 15 and this is my toy for the weekends.....

Jack.

#2 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hey mate, welcome.
So your not going for original restoration then? :P
Im interested to see how the 3.1 strokers go, I hear about them a lot, but no one seems to have done it.

Scott

#3 muscle66

muscle66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

I have gone for a little bit of a suttle change to the car....fluting in the front guards like the bmw m5...bob tail wing...front under sill like cobra daytona and gaurds flared in steel 35mm...that way I can fit 9' wheels in the rear...7' in the front...painted in subaru crystal grey...bullet mirrors...and eventually black leather interior white gauges and alloy bits.......hope that helps with mental picture !!!

The stroker is in kit for from the USA...$2200
But indution is a big Q, it has efi now of what I think is a 240z.

You ?

#4 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

Sounds good mate, any pictures?
i went mechanical first and then ill sort out the looks, but it doesnt look bad for the moment.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2524481
its all there basically, im putting new 550cc injectors, bolt on flares and a front bar to run wider rims and better stability at higher speeds.
The injectors are maxing out at about 6k at a 7500 redline so im missing out on a lot of power and revs there (not that it needs more power :P).

#5 muscle66

muscle66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

I looked at the pics from your link...very nice (always did like silver)....!
I have non on the net but I should fix that...!
Well when it finnally comes back from the suspension place,they seem to have had the car for ever!!!!!!!!!! I will take some.

J

#6 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

cool.  I hear you with the susoension thing, im waiting for Bilstein to finish building custom rear shocks for mine and its already been 3 months for that and 5 months for the engine rebuild, staring to get frustrated, but im getting free labour with the engine so i cant complain too much :D

#7 nat0_240_chevZ

nat0_240_chevZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

mmm sounds like this car!!!

the orange one.

nato

#8 s301972usa

s301972usa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:49 AM

I was just reading this post and thought I might be able to help with info, etc on the 3.1 stroker motor.  The way most are done here that I'm aware of is to source the parts used if possible. First is the
diesel crank out of  (in the US) diesel 810 and 910 Maxima both used a converted L24 block/head- not sure you had the diesels there or not; next is the 9mm conn rods from _/72- 73 240Z's (US)
then the usual piston used is from the KA24E 4cyl  200sx/240sx/pickup/?  in the us, the used cranks go for about 200-250.00,  100.00 for the 9mm rods; I was able to buy new pistons and ringsets (will need 2 sets of rings) from my dealer for 400+/-  Nissan USA wants 1200.00 for the crank!!!!  the 3.1 kit sells for 1800.00 here. Hope that sheds a little light on the subject. I've seen
dyno sheets for anywhere from 150- 350 Hp on pump fuel, guess it would depend on the headwork, cam, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users