Sign in to follow this  
vramjee91

theZstore Weatherstrip kit

I just bought a complete weatherstrip kit for $366 delivered from a ebay US seller called Datsunsocal. Arrived within a week and seems to be good quality.

Where did you find Datsunsocal? Ebay? thats a good price for a FULL kit. It includes everything...?

I have been in contact with The Z Store and received this response back this morning;

...We currently have 50 weatherstrip kits on order, but we are not expecting them for about two to three weeks.

If you or your club members wanted to purchase a few kits at once, we could drop the price to $287.96USD per kit.

The USPS Priority International shipping cost to send a weatherstrip kit to Australia is $121.00USD.

I have requested more information about how to go about the group buy, (I expect a response tomorrow morning) once I receive the info I will post it on here and let you know what is going on.

I am guessing there may be taxes and charges to pay at this end too but I have no idea what these might be or if they are likely to apply.

Regards

Tony

I just bought a complete weatherstrip kit for $366 delivered from a ebay US seller called Datsunsocal. Arrived within a week and seems to be good quality.

Thankyou very much! Just bought one this arvo from this guy.

The rubber shop is $650 and rare spares is $700+ so ebay/datsunocal is the way to go haha

With the slightly better US dollar it came in at $380 :P still cheap

There is no group buy. If you re-read page 1 it was me and (Vramjee) that suggested maybe we should do one but we both have ours now.. unless someone else is going to organise it.

There is no group buy. If you re-read page 1 it was me and (Vramjee) that suggested maybe we should do one but we both have ours now.. unless someone else is going to organise it.

I'm happy to organise it and I'd rather stick with the Z Store kit because I have only heard good reports on it.

Retro Z did you have to pay any import duties or taxes when it arrived in Oz?

For those that are interested to get a Z Store kit (http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SWR01A/34-2999) I have heard back from The Z Store and they are happy for me to forward contacts for people who are interested to them and they will e-mail you to arrange payment and shipping.

This is the response from the Z store.

...As for the weather strip kits, it probably would be easier if you emailed me with their name, address, phone number and email, then I could set up a pending order for each person.

So if people want to pm or e-mail me their details I will organise it, we need five people to get the discount. ($287.96USD per kit plus USPS Priority International shipping cost of $121.00USD. $408.96USD in total which is roughly  $389.00 AUD delivered to your door)

my e-mail is mooa42 AT gmail DOT com

If you want to chat send me an e-mail and I will forward my number.

Cheers

Tony

Why dont we get them delivered regular sea freight - will take around 3 weeks but would be that much for the whole 5 kits and then send them out once they get here?

because then you would be slugged with import taxes as the bundled lot is worth over $1000 which would change the value proposition. if the z store sends them out individually everyone still gets a saving and avoids import taxes

I have a full weatherstrip kit excess to requirements that someone may care to purchase.  The story is that last year I made enquiries for a kit to Motorsport Auto who advised that there was a delay in supply.  I then went to Black Dragon automotive  who had a kit which I purchased.  Some months later Motorsport actioned the original order, and I ended up with two kits.  I have fitted the Motorsports kit which I am very pleased with, but still have the Black Dragon kit in its shipping box, unopened.

For anyone interested, have a look at the kit on the Black Dragon web site:  http://www.blackdragonauto.com/features/z/ZRS1.htm    It doesn't come with the adhesive which can't be sent airmail.

I am happy to sell it on for $190.

Cheers,  Paul V

Thank You for shopping with Black Dragon Automotive

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been received.

The details of your order have been provided below.

For questions regarding your order, call            1-888-789-3746      .

ORDER SUMMARY:

Order #      W824241

Order Date    02/25/2011  (Friday)

Part #      Description                      Qty    Price    Total  Status

59-740      RUBBER SEAL KIT          1 REQ      1    199.95    199.95  In Stock

Paul if nobody else wants the black dragon rubbers I will take it them off your hands PM me if you like

Linton

Hi everyone,

Kit has been sold.  I do recommend the Motorsport kit, and I am sure the Black Dragon ones represent great value as well.

Cheers,  Paul V

Looks like we have 3 definite and one probably so far;

I have replied to all pm's so keep em coming

Looks like we have five, I just need details, (name, address, e-mail and phone number) from drift monkys and st_mok and we are away.

because then you would be slugged with import taxes as the bundled lot is worth over $1000 which would change the value proposition. if the z store sends them out individually everyone still gets a saving and avoids import taxes

You misconstrue what i mean.

Send them ground freight individually instead of air freight so the individual shipping isnt $100

too good, so whats next and any idea of delivery time?

:( Looks like we only have 3 of us at this stage; I'm still waiting for details, (name, address, e-mail and phone number) from drift monkys and st_mok before we can proceed.

If anyone else is interested please PM your details through or if anyone knows drift monkys or st_mok can you let them know we are waiting on their details?

Thanks Guys, all organised and info sent to the Z Store today! ;D

Given my previous experience with the Z Store I would expect them to be in contact with each of you early tomorrow morning or the day after.  Other items I have purchased from them have arrived in 4 business days from the US.  You maybe able to organise to have them sent via sea freight but I'll leave that up to each of you to organise if you want.

Hopefully we'll all be rubbered up soon!

Tony