theZstore Weatherstrip kit

vramjee91

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have. Not much choice when it comes to Z parts :'(. The parts i bought were cheap and good quality but the postage is steep and i got charged extra tax/airport fee? when the stuff got here. Ive heard of several people having the same problem with them or the freight company they use..its been a few years now, so cant remember the exact details.

The products i bought. Push start button, seat covers, badges, airdam were all exceptionally good quality, but then again after shipping i paid alot!.

Im not sure how their weatherstrip kits are though, as they source there products from different manafacturers.

I remember reading in a thread somewhere that theres a good local supplier for weatherstrip kit, i think Agno bought a kit..maybe PM him if you want. Im in the market for a kit too so would also like to know.

Ahkk that makes sense.

Ill send a PM to Agno and see what he has to say. I know Rare parts has them, but its $730 bucks.

There is a company on ebay USA that has them for 300 bucks plus 80 bucks postage. so yeh not really sure back to the drawing board again I guess

$380!! Thats cheap.  Maybe we should see if they do combined shipping for 2 kits. Half of what they cost locally here. cant be that bad..surely? Most likely all made by the same manafacturer anyway...hrrmmm

• Administrators

Anyone have feedback on the rare spares kit?

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/SearchPage.aspx?type=partsfinder&pno=0&brand=NISSAN&productgroup=RUBBER+KITS&model=DATSUN+240Z+260Z&car=34a

If you can I would source locally - but obviously if quality is not as good go for imported.

I have some coming from scotts next week i have now been told I have to cut the door angle its just one long piece I am not all that impressed, will let you know how I get on if interested

Hey retro z

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SWR01A/34-2999

That's the link, I placed an order in for me and agno, what agno said was that if it's 1000k or under you shouldn't have any issues with.

Pm me your car details, cause I probably have room for one more set under the 1k limit. :)

Ah i see. My last order was over 1k ::)

I didnt know you were buying these ( weatherstrip) from motorsport auto lol. Got confused. I actually got a few other things i need to get from them eg. spindle pin, suspension etc, so might just place my own order and get it all at once.

Thanks for the offer though,

I'm in the middle of fitting all of the MSA seals (well they are sitting in my room waiting to be fitted).

I originally went and bought a whole set of rubbers from Scotts Old Auto Rubber and I wasn't completely satisfied. Most of the seals are ok but the main ones I used (main door seals and inner hatch seal) have been nothing but a pain in the ass. The door seals would come off the body and jam inside the doors which has lead to me damaging my door trims and leaking water and the rear hatch seal refuses to stay stuck down in the top corners and leaks quite badly too.

So far the MSA seals I have fitted have been excellent quality. I'm sorry that I haven't fitted them all and can't give enough real proper feedback but first impressions have been very good. Especially considering they are about $120 cheaper than the initial set of seals I bought from Scotts and I got more!

This is a bit left field - but i've recently purchased door rubbers and rear hatch seal from kia sportage

Why? This is a pretty documented rubber replacement option on hybridz - and yes and i can personally vouch that is option really really works well on a z

Just my 2 cents worth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has this group buy happened or has everyone lost interest? 

I am looking at ordering a kit ASAP but I noticed their website said they were waiting on rear hatch seals. Has anyone made contact or is anyone still interested?

If it has been and gone has anyone fitted the kit and can report back on any issues or traps?

Thanks

Tony