Introduction - JP

Herro,

My name is James and I own a '77 260Z.

I have owned 3x 2-seaters, 1x 2+2 and a 280zx for various reasons before settling on this car I brought across from WA because it was so straight.

I also have an RB30DET waiting to go in, big brakes and coilovers already on and most of the body work including sandblasting finished.

My project some of you may know has been dragging on for 3-4 years, but this has been due to living in Japan on business for about 33% of the last 3 years, as well as buying a new home in Melbourne a while ago which sapped a lot of money.

I enjoy reading this forum because there is a fair bit of practical/local experience as well as down to earth helpfulness.

James

Hey mate, think i have see you post a few times now, but welcome anyways.  That will be wicked with a RB30DET, which head are you using, 20, 25 or 26?  I considered doing this not long ago, but decided to do a simple rebuild and save money and just forge the internals on my 25 later on.

Look forward to seeing more, got any pics?

• Administrators

Herro,

My name is James and I own a '77 260Z.

I have owned 3x 2-seaters, 1x 2+2 and a 280zx for various reasons before settling on this car I brought across from WA because it was so straight.

I also have an RB30DET waiting to go in, big brakes and coilovers already on and most of the body work including sandblasting finished.

My project some of you may know has been dragging on for 3-4 years, but this has been due to living in Japan on business for about 33% of the last 3 years, as well as buying a new home in Melbourne a while ago which sapped a lot of money.

I enjoy reading this forum because there is a fair bit of practical/local experience as well as down to earth helpfulness.

James

Hey James, are you in Japan at the moment? I'm heading over to Europe soon and thinking of stopping in Japan for a few days. I have a friend over there who I was thinking of visiting, but if your free also and I'm going to be in your area (Japan is big afterall) it would be great to meet you in person.

Send me a PM or message me on MSN (you still have my msn don't you?)

Cheers

Gavin.

Hey mate, think i have see you post a few times now, but welcome anyways.  That will be wicked with a RB30DET, which head are you using, 20, 25 or 26?  I considered doing this not long ago, but decided to do a simple rebuild and save money and just forge the internals on my 25 later on.

Look forward to seeing more, got any pics?

I have been around for a while, but with the new forum layout I thought the introduction section was new. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention before  :P

I think you have seen all my pics, I havent seen my car in about a year.

I used to post on other forums as "drunkenmaster" but am trying to commonise all my usernames.  ;)

I wish i used an RB20 built to 2.4L now...the 25 gearbox is more of a headache than I wanted.

Hey James, are you in Japan at the moment? I'm heading over to Europe soon and thinking of stopping in Japan for a few days. I have a friend over there who I was thinking of visiting, but if your free also and I'm going to be in your area (Japan is big afterall) it would be great to meet you in person.

Send me a PM or message me on MSN (you still have my msn don't you?)

Cheers

Gavin.

Hey Gavin, I have been in Japan since late last year but am heading back home for a while at the end of July. I'll drop you a message next time I see you on MSN.

I am in Toyota-city which is in Aichi-prefecture. Biggest city nearby for reference would be Nagoya.

James

Yes, I did a test run of 2 sets which I think you have one of.

I gave up soon after as I broke up with my gf of the time whose brother was copying the mounts for me, as well as hearing there were clearnace issues between the sump and rack (from you as well I think).

For the amount of effort required, it was not worth it.

Glad to hear your car has worked out though.

I dont think i told you about the rack and sump problem, but it was piss easy to fix anyway.  But cheers, much enjoyment has been had from it and it saved me a lot of money from the dickhead who did the rest of the engine conversion (i got ripped off).