#1 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Tagline:75/260 2+2/ 82 RA60/ 79 MGB

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi, Anyone going up on Saturday to cheer on the local Qld Z car guys. Might wander up and have a butchers hook. Can't go on Sunday as off to work. What would be the best time to turn up? ??? 8)

#2 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

From what I hear there will be a few club members there, track action looks like it is on Saturday.

#3 jc260

jc260

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm heading up for a look on Sunday, can't make it Saturday. wish the zed was ready so i could take it up though.....

#4 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Tagline:James

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yeah there's 3 teams of four competing on Saturday.

Gates open at 7am but first run will be at 9ish. C'mon up it will be good to have some people cheering us on :P

#5 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I will be there on Saturday for a while . I plan to get a number of photos and some video for the next  My Z Car newsletter for the ZCCQ .

#6 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

I will be there on Saturday for a while . I plan to get a number of photos and some video for the next  My Z Car newsletter for the ZCCQ .

Cool, try and get a few of Dusty and I coming off into the sand pit together.. haha

A true test of who will back off first :P

#7 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

So what events are you blokes participating in? I can't remember what the QR email said and there is bugger all info on the QR website. Anyway, good to see you having a go on the best circuit in Q ;)

#8 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

See you there Aub. 8)

#9 peterrx5

peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Tagline:Very old member

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

The event is being organised by the MacLean's Bridge Group and there are three teams from the Z Car Club competing in this event. http://www.macleansb....php/pacemaster

This is on the Saturday and there is practice first then each competitor should get 3 sessions of 8 Laps, there will be 24 teams each of 4 cars at the event.

Cheers
Peter

#10 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

I hope the Z suporters club will be parked together. First one there save some space. ;D

#11 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

In years gone by, the event organisers, Triumph Sports Owners Assoc, have been in the ball re parking the various marques/models, in their groups, hopefully this will be the case at Lakeside. Maybe some kind person who is involved, and in the Z club of Qld, can find out beforehand and pist up a map/drawing/location etc
The guys doing the regularity track thing ( not racing!!) will all be on the inside of the track in the carports, to get to the inside, during the day, just drive right around the rear of circuit, and under the overhead big whit "bridge" is a tunnell, you should be able to drive through, and find plenty of space.

The Sunday will be a bit different, the TSOA are expecting up to 1400 enthusiast cars, plus more soectator cars.
Only bugbear, it will cost an entry fee, far more than in past years when it was held at McKeans bridge, which is well south of Brisbane.

Where is the official blurb from the Z club on this, it is the biggest car display in Sth East Qld!

#12 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, most of us won't be making the Sunday. A big day on Saturday is good enough.

Every club has been allocated a section of pits all together so no big worry's there. Also a few of us are share driving so there will be some spare bays to set up some seats and chill out.

#13 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

In years gone by, the event organisers, Triumph Sports Owners Assoc, have been in the ball re parking the various marques/models, in their groups, hopefully this will be the case at Lakeside. Maybe some kind person who is involved, and in the Z club of Qld, can find out beforehand and pist up a map/drawing/location etc
The guys doing the regularity track thing ( not racing!!) will all be on the inside of the track in the carports, to get to the inside, during the day, just drive right around the rear of circuit, and under the overhead big whit "bridge" is a tunnell, you should be able to drive through, and find plenty of space.

The Sunday will be a bit different, the TSOA are expecting up to 1400 enthusiast cars, plus more soectator cars.
Only bugbear, it will cost an entry fee, far more than in past years when it was held at McKeans bridge, which is well south of Brisbane.

Where is the official blurb from the Z club on this, it is the biggest car display in Sth East Qld!

Its on there site but no mention here, thats why I started this thread to generate some interest among non QZCC members. After all we all love Z's. ;D

#14 peterrx5

peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Tagline:Very old member

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

This is a list of teams entered in the MacLean's Bridge Event and their Pit Bay Allocations

Attached Thumbnails

• 29826_99941f6a5a88d5466f738402f558f5727fb90036.jpg

#15 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

As I understand it the ZCCQ is not attending officially as a club on the Sunday display . But only Dave (president) would be able to confirm that . There was only one paid up entry for this event at the last meeting and the club needed to book space, so it was a no go . I am not sure if you can turn up on the day and display your car as a group of Z's if non club members attend.
That should make things interesting if one of the Z teams win or places in the regularity . There will not be anyone there on the Sunday to collect the trophies

#16 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Dave will be there.... haha

#17 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

No matter, I am just going up for a look on Saturday, Just happens I am going in the Z. No doubt we will find each other.  ;D

#18 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

It was a fun day, had some problems but nothing we didn't really expect being the car's first time out.

The major one was losing fuel out of hungry, got to the point where I just had nothing lol

It was good seeing a few of you up there, put some pics up if you got them :)

Quick vid for yas

#19 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will this do

Attached Thumbnails

• 29873_0784a3373769b3273cce3d4245a477a1456d0928.jpg
  • 29871_8dbe56d81f862be9085c96785ea217814175b736.jpg