#21 DatPilot

DatPilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Tagline:you are a goose

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Has anyone had experience with Adaptronic? Aussie built etc, good customer service, great features too.

I was talking to Jason  (installer & tuner) a few years back, he flew to canberra to install on a few cars and tune the same day...
4AGZE (t) Toyota sprinter, very much fun......

#22 foodie

foodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Will have a look at Adaptronic.

Also interested in the Link G4 Storm.  Thoughts?  Sits between the Sprint and Sport haltechs on price

Q. On the CAN systems in these.  I assume apart from the connectors, you can plug in any CAN enabled device.

#23 foodie

foodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

If the price is right, I'm going the Link G4 ecu and new loom for the rb20det and carry over to the rb25 once I blow this up.

Very comprehensive documentation and explanation into lots of areas.

#24 nat0_240_chevZ

nat0_240_chevZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Vipec, with launch control, and sequential think its the upper level unit but from 1800 has functionality of the motec m800.
need abs sensors or similar pulses coming from both front and rear wheels so diff and front brakes would both need an update to utilise  such features.
do some research,
some say its a newer link, but others including tuners say irs way ahead of the link, even though the same guy/guys behind it. its the quiet achiever in rally now too.....
nat0
just a suggestion as its something i would consider myself.

#25 Six_Shooter

Six_Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Tagline:Canuckian

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

Don't discount donor EFI, that being an EFI system, namely ECM and harness from another vehicle, or tuning the OEM ECM.

NISTUNE is available for the RB series of ECM, and seems to  be easy to tune. I haven't actually used one (myself), but I have socketed a few ECMs for friends, that do use it. From the limited time I have seen the tuning, it seemed to be pretty intuitive.

I know Apexi also makes a replacement ECM for the RB, I am working on a friend's '71 240Z that he has an RB20DET in, that will be using the Apexi ECU, with boost control add-on.

Personally I use a Delco (General Motors) ECM, with some custom code (public domain) that runs my turbo L28. The ECM I am using was originally used on N/A and turbo I4s and turbo V6s, the code is a modified version of what was used on the turbo V6, though many other variations for N/A, and cylinder counts can be used.

I haven't used a MegaSquirt, because it lacks a few things that I want in an ECM, but with the MS3, it has one of the big ones added in, the VSS, that can make quite the difference in how an engine responds, in my experience with other EFI systems. I plan to get one at some point, mostly for curiosity reasons, than actually using it on anything for a long period.

The nice thing about the donor route is that you know that millions of dollars and many years of research have gone into their development, many have limp home modes, in the event that a major or several minor sensors fail, if a replacement is needed, a call to the local wreckers will usually find you a quick and inexpensive replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users