#1 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Now doing transponder timing for sprints so if you want timing it's $20 to hire one for the day or $80 to buy, results will now go up on Natsoft for all to see. Nice day for sprints yesterday, three Zeds, one each S30, S130 and Z32 and all in the fast #one group which is pretty damm good I reckon. Next sprints are on Sunday week, moi will be there, buzzing :)

#2 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

More timing systems?
When will they all work on one system,, oh,, wait, no, it's kinda like CAMS and AASA and AMSAG, and ANDRA, and AKA!!

Morgan pk in qld use a system called mylaps, not easy to find, and hard to navigate around the site, QR/Lakeside run a stick on strip on front screen, or Dorian/Data1 system.
morg Park for the state and Historics also run Dorian/Data1, as does most other circuits..

Ok, someone NOT familiar, just try to look up the Mylaps system for the basic spint type events at Morgan Park, and let us know how you went. I cbf'd, i'll stick to Natsoft!

#3 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Natsoft is the central lap time result facility that is used throughout the country, from the V8 SC's down, I would not have a clue what the odd man out Bill Campbell fiefdom uses. AASA in Q are introducing their own Natsoft compatible transponder timing system as I said, coming back after more than a year out of it my best lap was a 1:02.52 on new Federal semis, with more to come for sure.

#4 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Tagline:James

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I was up there in February when they were trialing it against the old system.

There was one discrepancy where either a team mate did 3 seconds quicker then his most consistent times or something went wrong haha

Were they offering the transponders to buy on site or did you have to pre-order?

#5 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Transponders are available to buy over the counter at Lakeside, they can be attached with long cable ties.

#6 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Richo, are these the Dorian/data1 units?
If not what brand?
Bob Wilkinson, the Qld Doran rep attends most race meetings ( not sprints)  at Lakeside/QR and Warwick, if the historic brgades are running, ie Group N and S, he is hiring them out, in the main most of the circuit racets, as well as the guys that run in the Regularity division all use Dorians, either the traditional blue mini brick, or the newer little red thing on a pladtic clip that gets zip teid, very similar to rhe Warwick Mylaps units.

Whatever happened to the little stick on strip system that QR uses?

#7 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Whatever happened to the little stick on strip system that QR uses?

I have found it very inconsistent as it still a very manual system, ie a car triggers the timer and the number is manually entered against it, very difficult to get right when cars are close together. However it can work to your advantage, my standard MX did a sub 40 sec lap once at Lakeside ;D

#8 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

The QR/Lakeside transponders are not Dorians which are a lot more expensive than $80 to buy outright, don't really know what brand they are.

#9 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I didn't realise there were so many systems!

I know I have a dorian and it was something like $350 to buy. Exxy, but at $25+ per day to hire, it doesn't take many days to pay back.

MyLaps is also the company that is used world wide in remote control car racing!!! Even then it's $110 for a transponder :o

$80 is cheap, whatever the system turns out to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users