#1 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Lakeside full flag to flag historic races this weekend, see Group N Touring cars smacking into each other, Group S prod sports whinging about Group T Prod based Sports cars, as they smoithly glide by,  open wheelers, plenty othets etc, over two days,

You will notice a smallish field in the races for combined Group S and T, as there are not many up here in Qld,  the suggestion of having "invited"sports cars has been put to the organisers, too late for this weekend, but there are more events scheduled later in year, so, this means, an "invited" car could be, say, a Tarmac rally car, a cage equipped supersprint car, with emphasis on minimal mods, in keeping with the specs for Group S cars.
I know of at least 5 Z's that would easily be accepted, licence requirement is AASA National, as all events are at Qr/Lakeside

#2 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hello ;)

#3 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Howdy Doody!
What a gloriuos day to celebrate 50 years of Lakeside.
Just not able to get past Stan Adler's  Carrera 2.7 RS Liteweight 1020 kg Porker, last run this arvo, ran around outside of him through Karrousell, but,,,, nup, it pulls away!

Some Qlders may recall Keith Boult from Stafford Radiators, well he had a very nasty rollover with pike and triple armco bounce, goodbye one Phase 3 GTHO Falcon ( fake) Keith's ok, the cage did a brilliant job, it was from Bustop heading towards the bridge, he put a wheel off, it grabbed, and sucked him in.
Crash was eqivalent to the Porsche jobbie at Phillip Island, see my other rhread for linky to the still pics from MotorsportRetro..
Lets see how tomorrow goes!

#4 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Some pics from Saturday http://www.boostcrui...howtopic=812460

Going by the times there are good prospects for some targa spec Z cars if they are eligible.

#5 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

At 2:20

#6 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

What made you back off on lap 3, Jason?

#7 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

What made you back off on lap 3, Jason?

Preservation, my son, Preservation, then the Alfa of Wilson was onto ,e, so i let rip!

On last race on Sunday arvo, for a giggle, we did a reverse grid start, ie slowrst out front, fastest up the rear, by half way though lap 1 i was running 2 nd, Stan in Porsche got baulked, then by lap 3 he got rhe lead, then we all played silly buggers letting rhe slower ones past, dicing, having fun, then on last lap, off we go.
Excellent fun!

#8 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

At 2:20

Let them have a play, then had a go from 5.02, Z is good from exit of Karrusel to top of Eastern loop, in Qual on Sat, ran wide off Eastern, ripped the left jand chassis rail under floor pan almost off, smashed the Dorian timer housing unit too, bloody drop offs on side of bitumen, a 4x4 could get lost in them, they are so deep!

Btw, lads, yaa boo sux, i'm writing this from The Havvanah Resort in Vanuatu ATM!!
Just chillin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users