mjfawke

Rb20Det 240Z - Sold.

Hey mate,

So I was all amped up to come and look at this car, but it turns out my garage won't fit both the RX-7 and a 240z - and I wouldn't want to leave either car outside - as the 240z would deteriorate in the weather and the RX-7 has a brand new paint job - which I want to keep looking brand new.

So right now I'm not in a position to have another Z, which is a shame because I think this car really has lots of potential for a DIY type, but I guess I have to be realistic also 2 impractical cars is enough for 1 man..

Some day I'll be rich like Jay Leno with plenty of time, some day :).

All the best with the sale.

No worries.

I LOL'ed at the "DIY type" comment, because owning a 40+ year old car pretty much guarantees that you either a DIY type or you have very, very deep pockets.

The car is now off the market while I fix all of the issues.

I'm disappointed there isn't much interest on this site, because I didn't want to sell it to some 20+yr old with more money than sense who will write it off within a week.  Reminds me years ago (early 90's) of a very clean and original 240Z that got bought by a kid from the local rally club who within a few weeks had broken a rear strut sliding it into a kerb... then used it as a setup car for a forest rally. 

Update - the car was sold two years ago... Last I heard, he changed the starter motor without disconnecting the battery and shorted the battery through the EFI harness and ECU. It no go at that point. No idea what happened afterwards.

Hey, is this actually sold in full payment? Willing to fly up today and pick t up if not, please and thank you! You can contact me on 0449-201-155!!

Did the original drivetrain go with the car? L24 / E31 head etc..?

i still have a shed full of bits he never came back to collect. The two CR gearboxes (one steel, one converted to Warner) weren't part of the deal, and neither was the viscous R180 setup. The E31 & block are there as well. I really should chase him up...