15x8 in rear and guard rolling

Pedro

basically was thinking about 15" wheels. I started a thread on 14" tyres but tyre difficulties has me thinking 15" rims are the go.

I dont want 16s (look too big to me unless you run flares - which i wont be doing).

So basically here is the situation

- 260z coupe

- no flairs

- kings low (claimed 30mm drop) in the rear and front

My question is related to the rear.

Can 15x8 (zero offset) wheels be run with 205/60 and no guard rolling? (ie will it fit without rolling the guards?). And look right (not too wide for the guards). I notice that 225 sometimes needs a roll.

Was going to avoid guard rolling for now.  I guess my question is more about fit/guard rolling 15x8s;

many thnaks

Peter

choors Dat2kman. I figured that must be the case but most threads dont speak of running 205s too much on the back;

I figured down the track i can get some 225 if i want and roll then.

My aim for now is 205/60 keeping with rolling diameter on the back,

Peter

I had 215/60/14s and they rubbed on the back and so did my 225/50/16x8 +4s until i got the inner lip rolled, now no rub. It doesnt really have much to do with the diameter of the rim more the width of the tyre cause as you mentioned you are keeping the rolling diameter the same.

Yes 205's will fit without rolling the guards with 0 offset but for the sake of $100 why wouldnt you get them rolled and run 225s?

So now can you explain why 16"s need flairs?

14x6 series 1 280zx wheels (+11?)

MSA 14" bumper steer spacers

S13 discs and hilux +8 calipers

The arm rubs on the bottom edge of the inside of the wheel.

only by a few mm. Its due to the bump steer spacer. I ordered the ones for 14" wheels.

Re the 225, i quite like the look of the 205 brought in a little. no silly stretched just a little. 225s are on the cards later though.

Also re handling, same size rubber all round is better, and i wont go 225 on the front.

cheers/

some jap wheels have come up in 8.5J (+6) rear

with 225 50 15 tyres

now they are pretty epic and obviously a guard roll is in order.

opinions please especially on fitament. sounds like from what is said above they will be ok.

Haul -

the thing is with 14" tyres. They are pricey and selection is poor. And its only going to get worse. Its not 'now' i'm worried about, its in a few years.

If i splash out on a set of 14" japanese rims and then go to get tyres in 3 years and they have doubled in price i will be disappointed i think.

The 15s should provide a long term solution with more choice around tyres and still be close to 'period correct; in terms of sizing.

14's being smack on. I think its the right thing to do.

Mmm i think they will rub on the spring purches being +6 and a 260Z.

+4 in 8" on leaves a bee dick on a 240Z and they are higher than the 260Z which is more of a problem. If they were -6 you would have gotten away with it.

Refer to this post http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/57521-rota-wheels-rb-16x8/page__st__20

So not only are you going up to an 8.5" wide rim which puts 12.5mm of wheel closer to the strut but you are moving it 2mm closer too with the +6 offset. It doesnt look like there is another 15mm in it to me! There is a car in the Watanabe thread running 16x8.5s all round but he is running a 205/55/16 on the front and the wats are like -9 offset.

ok. thanks. That was a good thread you found.

to be clear - it looks like the pics show they are talking about the tyre fouling spings (rim seems ok ). I wonder if the tyre was a 205/60 tyre it might clear?

This sounds a bit too close

No because it's your rim that is going to be hitting the spring perch:

So not only are you going up to an 8.5" wide rim which puts 12.5mm of wheel closer to the strut but you are moving it 2mm closer too with the +6 offset. It doesnt look like there is another 15mm in it to me! There is a car in the Watanabe thread running 16x8.5s all round but he is running a 205/55/16 on the front and the wats are like -9 offset.