the last engine

peter mc

Both Gordo's and the L34 are going back on the engine dyno today. The L34 has the cooling mods, more compression, re-seated valves, different headers and exhaust configuration.

Stay tuned, there was talk of a graph comparing the two aswell!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well for my L34 it really didnt do much better only around 5hp, and the bigger headers killed the torque which I find interesting.

Basically the engine was pretty much optimized in it's previous guise but the tweaks sure haven't hurt and will probably give it better real world drivability.

wowo l...ong day

just got home at 930pm

we did as much as we could to improve the 3.3 and we did but not by much its as good as it will get on pump fuel and carbs

EFI and spark control would make it better and more drivable ,,, but with carbs and a disy 355hp is as good as it gets

and we found that the big pipes killed torque the hole way 10ft,lb no good so we put the pipes we made on and made the carbs work with the 42mm chockes ... then it was time for the other engine ;

Gordos engine had problems with reversion and noise from the carbs so we try-ed a new set of SW pipes ,, and they made the torque smother in the mid  section and made the same hp in the top as his pipes and reversion was better up to 7000rpm but then it came back  ,, lots to think about lol it never ends 

• Administrators

hahah that's a good one. I just need to man up and get that .620" cam i guess... haha  ::)

Just drive it, we want a video!

11th of June it will be getting pick up, (won't it Pete  ;) ) AND i was just informed by the realeastate agent that the house im renting has sold so i have to move on the 1st of July. Added to that im going to Japan for 17 days on the 13th July, plus I need to install a pump and reg for the Webers, my R180 LSD and better front diff mount... You get the picture.

Oh and i've still got standard brakes, at least they have new pads and fluid?  :o

Might have to leave it down here till you get setteled in. And I could run it in a bit more for you if you like. Pete said its not good for a race engine to sit still for to long! Like a thorough bread they need the exercise . Hahaha.

As someone who has been 'done over' a couple of times, just a bit of advice to d3c0y and others. Unless your house will be occupied 24/7, never place information on the internet that you will be away, particularly overseas. I've made this comment public as d3c0y has indicated he doesn't know where he will be living after 1st July. Enjoy your trip and the motor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...