the last engine

peter mc

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well its been a long day and its not over we will be back tomorrow with new pipes ,

we found the SW motor sport pipes stop at 330hp so we cut them off at the secondary pipe and run them up and made 344hp so we have to make bigger pipes and try again tomorrow .

so far torque is better than any L28 at 4000rpm so its a good thing but we wont lots more so more tomorrow

post-2089-14402367103_thumb.jpg

so far torque is better than any L28 at 4000rpm so its a good thing but we wont lots more so more tomorrow

Just to make this a bit more clear, it makes more torque at 4000rpm than an L28 at 8000rpm. Took me second to understand it over the phone lol.

Looks like there might be some Kameari 6 into 1 octopus headers on the next container from Japan... oh dear...

• Administrators

Yeah this is the most exciting thread of the year for me. How does it idle? It doesn't sound like it's too lumpy.

I have a naive question, but generally speaking when you rebuild an engine there is a run in period. When you put it on a dyno like this, what is the run in process? Do you have to run it for several hours at different RPM's etc..?

Yeah this is the most exciting thread of the year for me. How does it idle? It doesn't sound like it's too lumpy.

I asked Pete if i had to pull a spark plug lead off to give it cred at the lights. He said it should be able to do fine with all 6 on.  8)

Well its a long story

after it starts and timing is set and carb balance is set its run at 3000 rpm for 30min , its lode is moved up and down and we check all mixtures and check to see the rings are bed in , you can see it when the rings are right as the engine stops brething and the torque comes up .

then we run it up a bit at a time to see the ARF are right and make small changes like the tapets and timing .  and then we get on it and see what happens .

we also change oil and filter after a hour 

Let's not forget 290lb/ft of torque!

I'm going to be fitting this thing - I want some of the fun! :o

It's still limited by the cam and headers  >:(

Think some of these will be in the next container from Japan:

asunaro_hasegawa-img600x450-1215323755bl2fos77591.jpg

gordo its over 200kw atw 

it was such a long day , we removed 6in out of the primary pipe and made larger sec pipe and made a new merge collector

and first pull it made 10fts more from 4500 to 8000rpm ,,, we tyred so many things, but we know the pipe is to small at 1.5/8 , so it is what it is 290fp at 5000 is mad and power all the way to 7500 ...

post-2089-144023671105_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023671136_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023671162_thumb.jpg