peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Tagline:Very old member

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi Gents,
I feel like a bit of an intruder here but would like to add my thoughts on this discussion. I totally agree with Dave1600 comments, just ask someone who spun out on the introduction lap going into the dipper and also broke his driver's seat in doing so. My car is not up to the requirements to compete in anything like full out racing and I don't have the desire or funds to take it to that level.

A point that I think has been missed regards Morgan Park Raceway is regards track layout, and this is that the track you run on is changed for each event, plus they have just completed a major track extension, which is very fast and challanging for my old girl as I am holding on and praying that she will stop at the end of the new extended back straight.

Regards other tracks, I have run at Mount Panorama, Eastern Creek, Morgan Park, Lakeside and a short run at Qld Raceway (which I found totally boring). All the other tracks have been a great experience, Mount Panorama totally scary but extremely exciting, Eastern Creek which I enjoyed most of all, possibly because it seemed to suit my car plus I set a time which I hoped to achieved and actually did, Morgan Park also a favourite of mine because of the changing track layouts and also because of all the great people I have met whilst competing there, Lakeside still trying to come to grips with this circuit and because of very limited funds I really can't risk having an off.

The next big challange I have coming up is possibly a run at the "Victorian 6 Hour Regulation Relay" in August 2012. The Z Car Club has 2 teams formed and ready to compete if our applications are accepted by the event organisers, here's hopeing.

Cheers
Peter

#22 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Lakeside has to be respected but it is not a dangerous circuit, the runoff is not bad in places. It certainly demands concentration though, like going through the kink at 200plus.

I don't think that MP is exceptionally safe, in most places there is runoff space as long as you don't bash the sump in on the kerbs but up under the bridge and down the hill to Gumtree can be damm fast and last time I looked there were no braking markers into Gumtree. QR is the safest but even there people crash, it's motor racing after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users