#1 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to source some really wide steelies, 8 - 10 inches with zero or neg offset. If not, does anyone know places that do steel wheel widening and an estimate on price?

Cheers! Zac  :D

#2 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Try?? Chris Neale at Wheel Revolution in Slacks Creek underwood area, i think hes in Moss st, failing that, Depulu Wheel Works somewhete out back of Nerang on the Gold Coast.

Mob called RACE engineering used to be Sumner Park used to do it, they moved a couple years ago though

Saw some?! Advertised on Secret Drift forum by member "milan"in chermside, but they look "orrible! 15x8 and 15 x 10 with some sort of riveted on silver pizza dish. Typical drift monkeys!
On a Corrolla ke 70 lol lol lol!

#3 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have a feeling they came from the same seller I was dealing with! He's now out of business, he was a one man business working from home. I wanted something like this style but he's no longer making them.

Posted Image

#4 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Zac, these look like similar i seen on the Secret Drift forums. Few those guys getting 10" and stretching 7" tyres on em.
Cant recall exact, but the manufacturer of those is Qld based, think it sorya sounded Like "Toy....." something

#5 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

ToyParts Industries. I don't mean to down-talk but I've been battling and trying to communicate with him for about 11 weeks now. I've sent 3 emails, 4 texts and commented on his facebook 3 times and I've still yet to know the situation. But from all the OTHER responses he's give OTHER PEOPLE, it seems that this star style is exhausted and he's not having them produced any longer.

It's a real bummer since they were in stock 11 weeks ago, very, very frustrating.

#6 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

Yeah thats the name! Well by sounds of it he's a real gun business operator
Try the other guys i mentioned.
Other possibility, if you have a set of stocko steelies, maybe  these other guys can cut off the outer, and weld in wider bands, used to be a very common practice many years ago, ie in days of EH Holdens!

I even had a set of 5" stockos redone to 7", deep dish, lloked ok on my ld 1600, in early 1980's !!

I got a clean set of 5" 240z steel rims, always toyed with the dea of banding them to 8", then whack on some original hubcaps, for that "sleeper" look.

#7 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Yeah I was considering getting that exact thing done, having the outers blown off and a band welded in, my dad did the same on the steelies on his Vauxhall Cresta way back when. I'm not too fussed as to the look of the steelies as they'll be matte black, but I'm trying to stretch a 205/50 onto a 10 and a 185/45 onto an 8.

Do you have any idea how expensive the widening is?

#8 Tj

Tj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Tagline:J-Tin addict

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

I've been thinking about this for a set of cheap rims for supersprints and other casual motorsport.
What wheels would be good to start off with? Also need to find a place in Sydney that does it.

Just the other day I looked up Diamond Racing Wheels and was very surprised by the price. Lots of width and offset options, just freight would be a kick in the nuts.

http://diamondracingwheels.com/challenger.html

Seem popular in the states.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users