Sign in to follow this  
chartoo

250z tail light idea- photoshop

Also the original 260z lights actually look nice with blacked out chrome

did you really have to put this one?  ;D thanks (believe it or not i still got half worked on r32 lights conversion for it which i gave up on)

gone for a  :'(

miss my 260  :'(

Chartoo

I think the GT40 or Ford GT as it is actually known these days is probably the best example here close to an S30 in rear panel shape and also what the Ford boys did to make it work.

Consider taking out the 2 duct cuts and filling them in, it would look flat and bland and wouldnt work, they kept it simple with single large well preportioned lamps but then styled the overall panel with the ducts for maximum visual effect, I think this would work just as well on an S30.

Who's going to fire up Photo Shop?

Cheers

John

I just have too much time on my hands and not enough money YET to get on with it LOL

post-1356-144023659831_thumb.jpg

Yes John those are the rear Vette lights I was thinking of. Thanks for putting up a better pic. If I was to change they would probably be my preference. I love the red Zeds rear posted above those rear lights as well. Looks great.

Thanks Craig

I think everyone can see what i mean now by the effect incorporating distractive features like the vent etc do to help break up the rear, any round light would do the job as long as its the right proportion.

The garnish I used is the one previously posted from the Ford GT.

I think it all works well together except for the fact that the section I used from the GT was at a slightly higher camera angle and hence they look a twy out of alignment.

Cheers

John

i definately think version 2 looks better.

The incorporated exhausts are a lot nicer.

Maybe make them a bit smaller though, they seem to overpower the rear of the car...

If it were me doing that rear end, i'd place the indicators in the centre of the tail lights, keeping the lenses clear but using an orange bulb.

Id then hide the reverse light behind the mesh so that its invisible when turned off.

Maybe Evolution 3 ?

Interesting what another car with a "Z" in it can provide.

post-1356-144023660282_thumb.jpg

OK boys, next we'll be installing a flux capacitor!  ;D, The Beatles had wisdom with this one 'let it be'

Rev.

Some concepts look good in photoshop and in reality when viewed directly from behind however when you look at the car from other angles and key classic styling points hit your eyes then the rear lights dont work.

Interesting ideas but. Keep em coming

OK boys, next we'll be installing a flux capacitor!  ;D, The Beatles had wisdom with this one 'let it be'

Rev.

Rev, if you come across one by all means PM me LOL

Some concepts look good in photoshop and in reality when viewed directly from behind however when you look at the car from other angles and key classic styling points hit your eyes then the rear lights dont work.

Interesting ideas but. Keep em coming

Very true,

The Z4's I grafted on are flat lensed, I came across them purely by accident.

This is the last one Im posting, Im not a fan of the Bob Tails so I decided to delete it from the example car I was using just to get a feel what the rear end may look like.

I think this has been a great thread and exercise, I actually like the Z4 version, if it was / is possible and done correctly, I think a lot of people driving behind the car would be hard pressed to pick the car as a 1970's car.

Thanks to all for humoring me.

Cheers

John

post-1356-14402366031_thumb.jpg

GT40 has potential also remember the car your chopping is a 2+2 so the profile and width are different!!