Photo

Some changes to the home page and other parts of website.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:01 PM

Hi everyone,
As some of you may or may not know or care for that matter :D I started working full time at Melbourne IT one of the biggest IT companies in Australia(Yes im very proud). Anyway my job role is in website promotions or internally known as SEO(Search Engine Optimisation). As a result of some of my new skills and knowledge I am changing the site to be more search engine friendly this way we should get more traffic and a higher ranking on google. We are currently ranking #1 on MSN search and Yahoo for a few key terms like Datsun 240z Club and Datsun 260z Club but google is the ducks guts search engine.

I was hoping to upload a whole new look and content management system but I've been so busy now working full time I guess you could say im putting a bandaid on the site for now. You may notice some broken links here and there rest assured I'm going to fix these when i get time.

The main objective is for google to see the links to other parts of the site from the index page such as those to this forum and photo gallery to improve our content and get us higher and higher on the search engines.

Anyway just thought I should make you all aware.

PS: I also made some changes so that Firefox displays the site properly and yes I've been converted from IE to firefox. I'd definately recommend it to anyone. :twisted:

#2 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hi Gav,

You have done well, Firefox not presents it perfectly.

You are correct Firefox is the way to go I have been using for almost a year , especially the tabbed browsing.

Warren

#3 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

Yes Firefox is absolutely awesome. Tabbed browsing is just one feature I love. IE apparently will be introducing this with the next version.

I also have some plug in's for it so I can select a colour on the screen and it will give me it's hex value which is great being a developer and all. I can also easily save images off a page and preview them.

There is also a HTML tidy tool that allows you to check how good the coding is on your website and how many errors/warnings there are. You'd be so suprised how many "Professionally" built websites have bugs/errors on their site especailly when viewed in Firefox.

I'm thinking of uploading the new look since changing this one to fix a few problems will probably take longer than starting from scratch and structuring everything nicely.

Anyway I'll stop my rant now :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users