Bigfella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7636.0.html
  • Tagline:Owner of rust

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

I have recently got rid of my laptop and bought an iPad for using at work. I am finding that it is not as nice reading the forum on a mobile device like an iPad or iPhone. I was surfing around some other forums today and found a nice little plugin called taptalk.  www.taptalk.com apparently it is free for the forum owner to install and run and then you can use a nice little app on your device to display the forum very nicely.  What do you thin Gav is there any chance of this

Thank
Matt O

#2 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,394 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hey mate,
I have an Android Xoom Tablet and it's not too bad, in what way do you feel it could be better on the Ipad? I do need to perform some updates to the forum so I'll look into possible plugins that can be used with the existing forum software.

#3 kobes

kobes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Tagline:LIL ZED

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Taptalk is awesome for forums and such. I still come on here on iPhone but dream of day it is made available

#4 Bigfella

Bigfella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7636.0.html
  • Tagline:Owner of rust

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hey mate,
I have an Android Xoom Tablet and it's not too bad, in what way do you feel it could be better on the Ipad? I do need to perform some updates to the forum so I'll look into possible plugins that can be used with the existing forum software.

Hey Gav. It's not to bad on the iPad. I think the thing I like the most is the way that tap talk formats the pages and loads images. One of the biggest problems for me since I have gone to the iPad is fining unread post. I used to use a news reader on the laptop and I know it didn't always show me the unread threads. I would very often mis stuff that I wouldn't see untill I logged into the web version.  Now I rely a lot more on news reader apps on the iPad and I have been missing stuff a lot. It is not the iPad in this case but maybe the forum software.  Reading the forum ont the iPhone is next to impossible.. Using taptalk on the iPhone is awesome.

Thanks for considering it

Matty O

#5 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

I use my iPhone heaps for checking the forum.
Don't have any probs reading content at all. Just like being on a PC really.
My biggest problem is it runs slow while typing.

#6 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,394 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

I use my iPhone heaps for checking the forum.
Don't have any probs reading content at all. Just like being on a PC really.
My biggest problem is it runs slow while typing.

Yeah I have the same problem, not sure if this is related to the forum or not. I will look into it as it drives me nuts also. Then again I hate the keyboard on my Android Tablet big horrible unresponsive thing it is ;).

#7 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Yeah I have the same problem, not sure if this is related to the forum or not. I will look into it as it drives me nuts also. Then again I hate the keyboard on my Android Tablet big horrible unresponsive thing it is ;).

I don't have this problem so may it is to do with your serrvice provider. I am with with optus and am in a good service area. My iPhone works faster than my laptop

#8 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

I have an ASUS Transformer and the forum/site is great just like using a Laptop and with the keyboard dock it is like using a netbook/laptop anyway.

From time to time I also check it out on the Android based phone I have but the screen size is the issue with that :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users