YosemiteZed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Tagline:Rust never Sleeps

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hi Peter
Again thanks for the live (photo) details.
For your measurement what size wheels/tyres is this mod for and is there details/experience for other rims that have to be taken into account when re-drilling the holes
Cheers
Phil

#62 PeterAllen

PeterAllen

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Phil

Those dimensions are not really based on a specific setup, they come about by being the maximum adjustment before the control arm (Datsun call them a 'transverse link') will foul on the cross-member. In fact you have to grind away a bit - Note: not as much as I have indicated in the photo.

I think my setup might be unique in that I'm running 26" dia front tyres (29"rears) on 6" rims because I was after a period look for the GTO. I think I will actually get away with fitting the spacers under the hub carriers as well but I'll probably have to make up a spacer for the steering arm also.

With this modification you can lower the front 19mm and still have the control arm horizontal - if fitted with original wheel/tyres. If you are lowering any more you should consider an aditional spacer.

You really need to check your own car to see how horizontal it is with your ride height/wheels/tyres and go from there.

Attached Thumbnails

• 40803_7130bf5d35b17090f1bcd11f27fd979e2d7d4ca7.jpg
  • 40801_6d4c13d3c595482922d7a87c61d1d93cb5781dbf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users