Nissan Motorsport 6-2 header group buy EOI

luvemfast

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there not worth the truble you have to buy and or make the merge colector and this is what make all the diffrance to the torque cerve  and buy the time you do this they will owe as much as the SW pipes that make more power

and i made 3 diff colectors to try and make them work, there not that hot

Did it run a cone in it to eliminate the dreaded flat spot?

I've heard great things about them.  ???

Here in NZ most use that style of header - might be as that is mainly what we can get made locally (a guy makes these from a jig he has) however one of the sets that I know was made to the engine builder requirement based on this style/design just longer than the normal items off the jig - then owner had requirements around the collector so the gearbox could be removed without dropping the whole exhaust system.

I did not know of the tuned headers that SW makes until Adam posted a pic - I had only seen styles you see on ebay.com.au from Oz and they just don't cut it on a race engine - so for us here in NZ it has was been non tuned length (Nismo/Fujistubo/Thrust replicas) or tuned length as in these USA based Nissan Motorsport (not the same as Nismo). If building a high HP engine ie $$$ spend then the SW tuned headers would be first on the list. If I was building a mild or good road engine then ebay ones though they don't look as nice would work well (as does the stock cast item - it is just they are sooooooooo heavy and the ebay headers will save weight)

Overkill for stock? YES  ;D

You'd never outgrow them and more than likely comparable to the Generic design available on eBay.

But it would look heaps better too!  ;)

Price is yet to add shipping and ceramic coating.

Put me down as interested. I am also stock, but gotta start somewhere.

I think the 1 & 5/8th primaries will be the best option.  As Peter Mac pointed out, the 1 & 3/4 ones are for all out racers. Which is maybe not suited to anyone's needs.

Still waiting to hear back from my US contact.

My freight guy is in the States right now & can't be contacted. Will get hold of him next week.

Seems the ceramic coating isn't too bad either at about $200 each.

Is it possible for people to order different types ie some with chrome, some ceramic, and diff size primaries? Once you find out the shipping cost, I may be interested in a 1 3/4" Chrome plated set, but do not put me down just yet. Do they come chrome plated from factory and will they clear everything on our RHD zeds? Cheers. :)

Is it possible for people to order different types ie some with chrome, some ceramic, and diff size primaries? Once you find out the shipping cost, I may be interested in a 1 3/4" Chrome plated set, but do not put me down just yet. Do they come chrome plated from factory and will they clear everything on our RHD zeds? Cheers. :)

You'd need a serious donk to justify 1 3/4" wouldn't you?

And if you did, why wouldn't you ceramic coat?

I'm still trying to get blood from a stone, oh. I mean more info from the States  ::)

I think the 1 & 5/8th primaries will be the best option.  As Peter Mac pointed out, the 1 & 3/4 ones are for all out racers. Which is maybe not suited to anyone's needs.

Still waiting to hear back from my US contact.

My freight guy is in the States right now & can't be contacted. Will get hold of him next week.

Seems the ceramic coating isn't too bad either at about $200 each.

I might be drunk and stupid right now, but i must have my precious 1 & 3/4 ones

I'm with OZ001 on this one, and fortunately they will be for a rather deranged engine ;D

I also love the look of the chrome plating even though they do not shield the heat as well as the ceramic coating.

Gotta love the Nissan motorsport old schoolness of the chromed headers ;D

Also would there be an off-the shelf merge collecter to suit these or did nissan motorsport do one to suit these headers and is it still available? If so, it may be worth ordering the merge collectors to suit them through the same source if they do them. Otherwise may have to get them fabricated?

Does anyone know what exhausts the group Sc guys run in historics? (Dat2Kman to the rescue please!)

Cheers.

1 3/4 is huge... it has 36% more cross-sectional area over a 1 1/2. You are going to need an all out big race motor for this.... With 1 3/4 you will lose alot of backpressure and need the worked motor to be able to produce enough to make it usefull. If your motor just has the usual tripples and a cam i would say it would be more trouble then what its worth!! Make sure you do your Homework before ordering!!

Benny

im not sure to be honest, maybe some of the more experienced engine guys can chime in. Yes they look very pretty and im sure work great with race motors but at then end of the day they are race headers. Everybody make there own decision just make sure you do some research i suggest reading the nissan datsun part on exhaust explains it all very clearly.

As Benny said.

My PMC L30 has 10.5:1 comp and expected 300hp.

I'll be ordering 1 5/8".

More experienced guys can chime in. But bigger is not always better. If you put 1 3/4" on anything but a race prepped engine, it would be at the cost of low and mid range torque. They are made for high range RPM's.  ???

Simon

Chrome, Matt and gloss black are standard colours. White would cost extra, I'll find out how much.

Hey Simon,

I've just read my copy of "How to modify your Nissan and Datsun OHC engine" as suggested by Benny and it has made it clear that I would not want anything bigger than 1-5/8 inches primaries in the future (when I upgrade my motor performance), and probably 1-1/2 inch primaries would suit my current (stock) setup best. The 1-3/4 in is suited to racing engines.

Unless they give you the option of getting 1-5/8 inch or 1-1/2 inch primaries I'll have to pull out. Sorry mate :(

Cheers,

Stephen

Hey Simon,

please also ask them about the availability of the merge collectors. Cheers. :)

I've asked the question.

The part # we're after is -

99996-E1143  -6 into 2 race header for L-Series 6-cylinder, 1.625" primary diameter, unplated

Communication is not a strong point with these guys in Tennessee  ::)

Communication is not a strong point with these guys in Tennessee  ::)

And that might be the biggest issue :( I gave up years ago - ordered a LH and RH strut for my old 120Y got two LH - so I then got two RH and sold the second set. The last 2 sets of headers I got for a zed I imported from Japan - as I did not even try the USA boys as I heard getting the headers was like hens teeth.