QLD AUSZCAR Christmas party

be-zed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, Be-zed and Peter t have nutted out the details, I'll update with more details and maps etc and send out a group message to Queensland members to try and get the numbers up. Please let us know if you can make it so we know how many to expect. If you know any Queensland guys feel free to point them in the direction of this thread.

Sunday 11/12/11

The cruise will start at Fitzy's Loganholm car park around 8.30 am travel down the M1 turn off and go to Mt Tambourine.

Stop for pics if people want to 1/2 hour.

Down through Beaudesert and up to Cedar Creek for Steve's cars (1 hour)

Then back to Peter's place by 12.00 noon.

$10 per head to cover some costs.

I will update you with RSVP and Payment details soon. Sorry a bit flat out at work atm!

If you can't make the drive then feel free to meet us at Peter's for lunch.

Hi all, i have been on this forum for some time now and been a member of the ZCCQ for 8 years i own a few zeds see http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9038.0.html  and recently i was voted in as Prez of the ZCCQ. sorry it has taken a while to make my first post as Prez but the day after our AGM i flew to Vietnam for 2 weeks for my Brothers wedding and i only returned on Monday.  It has taken a while to catch up on things.

I have been speaking with be-zed just a short while ago re your Christmas Party and the ZCCQ involvement, Unfortunately our only issue with joining you as a club on this run is our Insurance coverage. Our members are covered for club runs that we organise and only have our members attending,

This has always be a pain in the A and as the new Prez i what to address this and resolve the issue. I am hoping that we can do some kind of day membership for the people on this forum who are not club members to be able to join us for our club runs and to be covered by our clubs insurance, and lets face it this is the age of suing everyone for everything they have and the ZCCQ has to ensure its members and office bearers are protected. Unfortunately Insurance companies have alot of assets at there disposal including computer experts and they have very deep pockets and are always looking for anyway to get out of having to fork out $ in the event of an incident.

Please see my next post as you can only put so much info on a post in one hit

So unfortunately at this time the ZCCQ wont be able to attend officially as a club. I know that a number of the people on this forum are members of the club and like myself will be attending this run if i am able to as a ordinary member of the public. I hope that at the next ZCCQ meeting on the 24th on Nov that we can get the ball rolling on this insurance issue and have it worked out early in 2012.  I have noticed that you only really seem to do this one social event a year and we do quite a few more than that and it would be great to get you guys involved with our club events and meetings.

I have formed a social organising group from the ZCCQ committee and i hope to get a few members to come on board as well to help organise far more social runs and meets for 2012 than in the past couple of years, which i hope all of you will be able to attend, we just need to nut this insurance issue out first.

I will be letting our members know of your Christmas party at our next meeting and if they want to attend that they will be doing so out side of the clubs insurance cover. we also have the issue of club rego to consider, any run that you take a club rego car to must be organised by an Incorporated car club or Incorporated association other wise you are outside what is allowed under the scheme.  i will let be-zed know the names and numbers who will be attending after that,

Looking forward to seeing you all soon

Cheers

Dave

Good to hear you can make it Greg :) I didn't know you had damaged the car, I take it that's the 240? I'll bring the badge and ecu unless I see you before then :)

Hi Dave, I know what you mean about the insurance issue. It has even been raised here before however I think there is a way around it for us forum members. That said, I should emphasise to everyone that is coming that any reckless driving is not tolerated. All speed limits are adhered to and we don't want the attention from the police. It hasn't been an issue in the past but with new members coming along you never know what to expect. If you want to hoon join a commodore forum or something :P But enough negativity...

Just finalising the details with Aubrey and Peter and hopefully I will have the details tomorrow so we can start getting numbers etc.

Dave, I have been meaning all year to write up a very simple introduction to the site for some of your less technically able members but I have been incredibly busy this year. I promise I will do it over the Christmas break.

Hi SS. it looks like i am getting a handle of our public liability insurance and what our restrictions are, and i have been speaking Aubrey and we have come up with a plan so that ZCCQ members can bring there club rego cars along legally under QT laws and covered by our public liability. 

Great to hear your positive words on drivers behaviour at this event. The ZCCQ has done a couple of joint runs with other forums over the past 8 years that i have been involved with the club. and each time it ended up being a bit (alot) of a nightmare, ask me on the day as it will make for a good conversation topic at the party.  :) .On all of our club run write ups it always states The ZCCQ promotes and expects safe and responsible driving. In this day and age you can't misbehave on the roads anymore. people will just call the cops and then you end up getting hassled every event you do, if you want to speed do it on the race track.

Re the intro to this site, i am thinking at a social club evening next year we can meet somewhere with free wi-fi and we can have a training night where we all bring our laptops and sit down with some of the less technically able members and show them what's what.

When i first joined this forum it took quite a while to get a hang of the forum (i still am) as it can be daunting!

just print off a few pages of this post thread on here, carry it with you, if Popo pull you up, as long as you not an idiot etc, show them that you are off to a formal thing car related, as your car is on Concessional rego, and that should suffice.

No need to get all worked up with insurances and rules etc, or scared off bring your car out, the popo will be pretty understanding, just say the run is from here to here to here, times are this, this is the paperworwork, ie print this topic, and youll be ok, provided you dont be a silly person!

Your concessional has the Third party compulsory in it, if you want then yeaj get the tppd, in case you run up the arse of something, or drive into some farmesr expensive fence, cos you was being silly

Just be thankful, at the moment Qld rules for the Concessional rego are still a bit slack, not like down south!, but sure as poopy smells, anyone does something to stuff it up, we will come under the ways of down south, so yeah, please behave, for all of us! ( us lot are pretty good actually, its those hotrodders that make noise and smokes and have no mudgaurds that i reckon are the trubble makers !! )

Hi Jason or dat2kman that's a very brave call on your part,you have just told anyone on this forum to bring along there concessional rego car along on this run outside the QT laws, wow i hope you have enough cash in the bank if there is any accident :)

The ZCCQ Inc. will organise its own run alongside this, on the day for its members, this is the only way we can ensure that our members are covered by our public liability and meets the restrictions under which QT allow us to drive our concessional rego cars. please read http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c32ee6a7-60a1-4134-bb68-78482b08696d/special_interest_vehicle_scheme_guide.pdf and especially the very first restriction That cars can only "participate in rallies (ie this kind of run or event) organised by Incorporated Car Clubs"

Sure Johnnie Hopper don't really pay to much attention to Club Rego cars, but i have been pulled over and had to explain what i was doing out in my club rego car. The main concern i have is that if you are out in your club rego car and not on a run organised by a Incorporated Car Club or within the restrictions QT lay out and you do happen to have a serious accident. firstly you are breaking the law so who knows what charges can be laid and most importantly any other insurance you have on your car will be null and void.

You know my club cars, there worth a lot of money and there is no way in the world that i would risk voiding my insurance on my cars or any members of ZCCQ Inc. on any run.

Oh David, you know as well as I do, how many concessional rego cars that have gone through on the Z car clubs books, are still registered but have for quite some time not been a member of Z club, or any incorporated club, this applies for many of the concessionals out there, a lot of the hot rod boys, the early dragsyer boys, heaps in fact, they join a club, get the rego and leave. Yes the system is being exploited, but the instances of those getting aporehended, if at all, based on the class of rego is slim to none, wht they do get caught on, mote often than not, is a car that has been excessively modified beyond Qld Tpt guidelines, is not mod p,ayed by an approved engineer, or, they are caught doing something stupid. In the main the Cons rego is not even an issue. It has a cumpulsory third party attached.

Maybe if there  was  a greater perception of the need to join an incorporated club, ie what are the benefits, a level 2 CAMS licence and concessional rego in the first year May not be seen as all that important in this day and age, ie anyone can rock up to Lakeside or Qld raceway, and have a blast. A few mates on a forum can get together and have a bit of a run, mention it to a few more and make a day of it, hence the Qld Xmas run this thread.

Legalese and warnings and bold type and you cant do this and you cant do that, will most likely turn people off joining any formal club. Id reckon that most on here think along those lines!

Jason,This maybe this is a perfect way to give a greater perception of why it is important to be a member of an Incorporated car club and the protection it offers and the ability to use your club rego car, if  not well thats up to the owner of the car also, i don't understand why you brought up the the 2 CAMS licence to get club rego??? it has no relevance.

If you read a Little futher on the QT rules, you will see that all the hot rod guys now have to carry and prove  that they are a current  financial  member of the hot rod association i wonder just how long before that applies to us. Please don't get me wrong, believe me it is great at the moment, we all have it very easy up here in Qld in relation to Club Rego and i hope it doesn't change.

In relation to the bold type and legalising it. of course i have to point out the the legalities there are quite a few members of the ZCCQ on this forum i am just covering my and the clubs arse, "accidents do happen!" the only way i could take one of my club regoed cars along on this run was to have a club run.

I am hoping that next year of lot of the Queensland members of this forum will be able to join us for our club meetings and runs i am not trying turn people off doing this run! I am sure the people on this thread will realise that.

If you look back you came up with the idea that ZCCQ hosting the event but there was no continuing action taken by you! It was until Aubrey mentioned to me that this party was even happening it to me just before our AGM that i knew anything about it, and that we could do some kind of joint run, unfortunately the is only way we can  have our members to be able to come along and meet up with the non ZCCQ members from this forum and to be covered legally was to designate a club run. End of story!

By the way can you please do us all a favour and spell check and read thru you post before you post them as they can be difficult to understand

As for as what constitutes a Z Car Club Q Inc 'club run', I suggest that a motion be passed at a club meeting each year designating all motorsport events in AU to be relevant to the club's activities and interests. For example, some of us drive our historically registered cars to participate in motorsport events which can be said to be part of a club activity. Passing a suitable motion will go a long way to officially make such activity relevant for both car use on public roads and insurance purposes. Something similar for social events may also possible, the wording of the motion in that case would need some careful thought though.

I can't see a downside if this is done providing members realise that there can be no guarantee it will be effective if challenged.

Guys I know all this has it place . But have a look at the title .It says CHRISTMAS PARTY.

I want to go for a drive with other Z's . Look at fancy machinery that I will never be able to afford.Then chow down on some of Peter's fine Steak & hamburgers .With the possibility of a game of pool. We can deal with politics in the Board room. Should anybody still want to go on this run it will be as follows

:    Start: Fitzy’s Tavern Car Park Loganholm 8.30 AM 11/12/2011

Cnr Bryant’s Rd &Pacific Hwy Loganholm

Proceed south on M1 to Oxenford. Turnoff and exit onto route 95 . Turn Right off Eagle heights RD onto Geissman Rd route 95 on to  Tambourine village .Proceed from Tambourine village on route 92 to Mundoolun turn off. Proceed to Mt Lindesay Hwy and turn left and proceed to Cedar Grove RD.

Turn Right on to Cedar Grove Rd and turn left onto Deltoro Rd . Stop for viewing of competition cars  for 1 hour . Photo and pics.

Follow Mt Lindesay Hwy to Cable camp rd turn right  to Waterford-Tambourine Rd turn left .Follow onto Kingston Rd over Logan river and turn right onto Logan Lea Rd and on to Loganholm. Possible toll road

This is a rough draft and final direction will be available on the day. We need Mr Sushi to give us a deposit account for the $10 per head to cover the food and attendance numbers and we will be in business.

Merry Christmas

Just turned over the old girl for the first time in about 6months......... WOW thought I had a diesel for a second, running super rich and theres some stranged noises coming from the fuel pres regulator, wish that was the only problem.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me before the x-mas party :-)