QLD AUSZCAR Christmas party

be-zed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not combine all three . Meet at Taylor`s place for the start of a run over Tambourine and up to Jimboomba to view the Salt cars (he has some dead Z`s that are in need of Resurrection as well) and back to Peters place for the Barbecue on the 4th December. Could this work? Shaun I am now out of my comfort zone, may be Greg can help out with a survey?

Aub

Hi Guys, To help with your Christmas party/drive decisions here are the dates that I/my place is available.

Sunday 27-11-11

"      11-12-11

These are the only two days open to me for a Sunday drive and BBQ at my place untill after Christmas. Hope this helps.

Peter "T"

Well, I'm on the northside so anywhere is a drive for me, but any of the options sound good. Unfortunately the zed is not running so if there is a drive involved I will be doing it in a Mazda Astina! (hope this is acceptable) The year is steadily filling up, but mid November(13th) and early December(4th and 11th) are looking good, so I will put my vote in for those dates.

Why not combine all three . Meet at Taylor`s place for the start of a run over Tambourine and up to Jimboomba to view the Salt cars (he has some dead Z`s that are in need of Resurrection as well) and back to Peters place for the Barbecue on the 4th December.

That sounds like a good idea, all permiting the dates Peter T's place is free...

Why not combine all three . Meet at Taylor`s place for the start of a run over Tambourine and up to Jimboomba to view the Salt cars (he has some dead Z`s that are in need of Resurrection as well) and back to Peters place for the Barbecue on the 4th December.

Excellent shall we lock in the 11th of December so we can get some final numbers?

Excellent shall we lock in the 11th of December so we can get some final numbers?

What luck. Cleaned out the shed last weekend and can get at the pool table. Heaps of room for Z's or what ever. Now we need the numbers and get organised. 8)

Shaun you are the man so If my place is locked in for the bbq I will get meat at a good price and BYO the rest. Throw it all on the table and enjoy.

139.919mph or near enough in F/GT class .I think it was done at Lake Gairdner.

We will post some pics at Christmas time of us behind it

Looks like the 11/12/2011 is the day .I will pm Taylor and Peter to finalize details for the day.

May I suggest the starting place be the car park at Fitzy's Loganholme. Easy to find and a good start for a run up Tamborine and back to my place.

A good central place for north, south, east, west and GC people to meet and end up. 8)

Part of liking the "combining all three" is that it, well, combined all three. Don't see how starting at a carpark includes Taylor.

Just thought it would be easier for all to find. Don't make it difficult. Many car clubs meet there on Sunday morning for runs and it is not far from Taylor's place. 8)

Sounds like there will enough interest in having a Christmas party. Sunday may be the day of choice and there are three in December excluding Christmas day. So I will throw my hat in to host as well . I am at Waterford near Beenleigh. We could meet near Dream World  for a cruise over MT Tambourine down to Beaudesert and up to Jimboomba. Stop for a short spell to see the 260Z that holds the land speed record for its class in Australia and a F100 that will do almost 300kph. Then back to Waterford for a BBQ. The boys from the Z club QLD who are part of this forum will find out about this anyway. They don't hold Christmas parties and some of their members will want to come along.

I am one of them 

All welcome. Shaun please take control. 8)

139.919mph or near enough in F/GT class .I think it was done at Lake Gairdner.

We will post some pics at Christmas time of us behind it

Looks like the 11/12/2011 is the day .I will pm Taylor and Peter to finalize details for the day.

Hi Aub, hey, whats 245 kmh in mph?

A little red Datsun, with no roof does that, at two race tracks, and only a four cylinder too!!

Yeah

The trick is so I am told is to do that while driving on marballs on a surface as hard as glass after a good nights sleep . Keep in mind the original land owners may want you off their grounds at any time and they have their own unique way of getting there message across.

You could look at it as a challenge Jason.

Hi Aub, hey, whats 245 kmh in mph?

A little red Datsun, with no roof does that, at two race tracks, and only a four cylinder too!!

Well I think most of our serious type Z cars could reach that speed easy peasy at Phillip Island and Bathurst Jason, your point is?  :P